Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resume an automatically cancelled contract due to inactivity

Highlighted
Mohamed Aymen K Member Since: Aug 1, 2020
1 of 4

Hi,

I was working as a freelancer with a fixed-price contract and for some reason we paused the discussion for several days until I received this notification from Upwork:

But the employer forget to update the 14 days and now I received a notification from Upwork that the contract was cancelled:

In the "Milestones & Earnings" web page, I have the following money:

Budget: $X
In Escrow: $X
Milestones Paid: $0.00
Remaining: $X
Total Earnings : $0.00
X = the fixed price budget

How can we resume the contract without dispute ? We are both agreeing that we have to do it but we don't know how.

Thank you for any help

Best regards

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Mohamed Aymen,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you further via a support ticket. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed Aymen K Member Since: Aug 1, 2020
3 of 4

Hi Joanne Marie,

Thank you for your assistance.

I'll be waiting for the support agent.

I wanted to add that the last email that I received regarding the contract cancellation was from 24 hours and the email content contains this phrase:

The client has requested that you return the funds from escrow. You have 7 days to take action or the remaining escrow balance will be returned to the client.

So, If the support agent could create the support ticket within these days that would be great so that the contract will not be definitely closed.

Best regards

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Mohamed,

I checked, and I can confirm that one of our agents already reached out to you to assist you further. Please log in to your account and go here. Please check your ticket number: 29322275. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS