🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Resume on Profile
Page options
mmmgood
Community Member

Resume on Profile

Dear Rep., 

I am trying to complete my profile for acceptance.  My resume is not there.  Therefore, I am trying to place the resume in the resume section.  However, there is no button or box for me to drag, drop or download.  I have placed it in the project section after converting the docx to a jpeg.   Having the resume in the project section it looks discombobulated.  Not solving this issue is dibilitating for me since I'm trying to get approved for my experience.   Please tell me what can be done?  To help this situation I have attached my resume.  I'm grateful that you have an opportunity to attach a docx with no technological cartwheels.  I stand corrected you don't take that either.  Howbeit, I look forward to hearing from you soon.  You may use

**Edited for community guidelines**.  Thank you. 

Best Regards, 

Marva Mortley

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Marva M wrote:

Dear Rep., 

I am trying to complete my profile for acceptance.  My resume is not there.  Therefore, I am trying to place the resume in the resume section.  However, there is no button or box for me to drag, drop or download.  I have placed it in the project section after converting the docx to a jpeg.   Having the resume in the project section it looks discombobulated.  Not solving this issue is dibilitating for me since I'm trying to get approved for my experience.   Please tell me what can be done?  To help this situation I have attached my resume.  I'm grateful that you have an opportunity to attach a docx with no technological cartwheels.  I stand corrected you don't take that either. 

It's against the rules to attach this because it contains contact information, which you may not put anywhere in your profile prior to being hired (you aren't allowed to put your email address in this forum, either). At any rate, most clients won't want to take the time to download and read your entire resume - they are not looking to hire employees here, they just want to know whether you're capable of doing their specific project. You should focus on writing a strong profile for yourself instead.

JoanneP

Hi Marva,

Christine is right. You cannot add anything that contains your contact information on your profile. Freelancers are asked to create a profile on Upwork, and clients will be able to view the information shared you shared there. You do not need to upload your resume. Please check out the freelancer resources compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths