🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Resume submitted with proposals indicated as ...
Page options
brennanperry18
Community Member

Resume submitted with proposals indicated as "not a safe file"

I applied to 18 projects today using my resume which is a .docx file and when a client attempted to click on the resume it said "This is an unsafe file" or something to that effect. I am a little upset, because I used quite a few connects to apply to these projects and some clients may just outright ignore my proposal as a result of having little information to go off of. Please provide assistance and ensure this does not occur again.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Brennan,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I have informed our team about this so that they can check further. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Brennan, I'm just wondering why you attach your CV in the proposal in the first place... 🤨

I rarely attach anything at all.

The profile, portfolio, and work history pages work just fine when they give a consistent story about what great work you've done that is accompanied with a carefully customized proposal text.

Mikko R wrote:
Brennan, I'm just wondering why you attach your CV in the proposal in the first place... 🤨

I rarely attach anything at all.

The profile, portfolio, and work history pages work just fine when they give a consistent story about what great work you've done that is accompanied with a carefully customized proposal text.

I agree; it's only appropriate to send someone a CV when you're looking for a full-time job. If I were a client, I would automatically decline anyone who attached a 2-3 page document and expected me to read it. Fill out your Upwork profile properly, then you won't have to worry about attachments.

petra_r
Community Member

Not only is it most unusual to attach a CV - if your CV includes any contact details at all, you have also commtted 18 serious violations of Upwork's terms of service, as that is strictly forbidden and can see you banned.

In general, clients neither want nor need a CV if your profile is good and your proposals effective.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members