🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Resuming Upwork freelance after long hiat...
Page options
rhceguru
Community Member

Resuming Upwork freelance after long hiatus. What do my clients see when I send my proposal?

Hello,

I've registered on Upwork long time ago and had 5 succesfull projects with $1,000+ paid and 5 star reviews from satisfied clients. I stopped accepted new projects and put my account on hold for several years. Right now I'm trying to restart my Upwork freelance and I get 0% response for my proposals, even when I believe I'm 100% match for the project.

What do my clients see when they look at my proposals, assuming I had no projects in last 24 months? Do they see my all-time income, my succesfull project and reviews or not? 

I'm looking at my Stats and if that's what my client sees - that's very sad, see attached screenshot. 

upwork-client-satisfaction.png

Should they at least see 5 completed jobs with 5 star reviews in "Clients who would recommend you"?

Should I include link to my actual profile in my proposal or should I add some explanation on why they see what they see.

Is it possible for admins to show me what the client sees when they look at my proposal?

8 REPLIES 8
rhceguru
Community Member

This is what I see in my profile, and this tells different story:

upwork-profile.png

petra_r
Community Member

That's what clients see. Your previous jobs were 7 years ago, when it was easy to get hired.

At the moment, with a global pandemic and Upwork absolutely drowning in freelancers, it's no longer easy. I assume you don't believe that you're the only one who thought "Oh, things are tough, let's get back on Upwork."

There is a planet full of people trying to work online right now and competition is insane.

rhceguru
Community Member

Petra,

I'm not sure how to read your reply. Are you saying I shouldn't get back to Upwork??

People who were here 7 years ago helped buld Upwork's reputation and make it into what Upwork is right now. 

My question was not about my decision to get back, but about reporting not showing the full picture of my account and how to help clints to see me for who I am.

petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandr R wrote:

I'm not sure how to read your reply. Are you saying I shouldn't get back to Upwork??

No, that is not what I am saying. I am saying that Upwork in 2020 is a very different place to Upwork oDesk in 2013.

Aleksandr R wrote:

People who were here 7 years ago helped buld Upwork's reputation and make it into what Upwork is right now. 

No need to tell me, I was there myself. Unlike you, I didn't walk away for 7 years and then come back expecting everything to be the same.

Aleksandr R wrote:

My question was not about my decision to get back, but about reporting not showing the full picture of my account and how to help clints to see me for who I am.

Why do you think "the full picture" of your account isn't shown to clients. It is. They can see about you what they can see about everyone else.That you've done 5 jobs and earned over $ 1k

What else do you want them to see?

rhceguru
Community Member

I'd be happy if they see that I completed 5 projects with 5 star feedback and earned $1000+

What I'm afraid is that the see this instead. Especially "Client who would recommend you -"

That's tecnivally not correct, 5 clients recommended me if you read their reviews.

upwork-client-satisfaction.png

petra_r
Community Member

Your stats page is only for you. Clients don't see that. You don't have a "clients who would recommend you" percentage yet because  you have only done so few jobs. It doesn't say none recommended you. It has a dash. It's not yet calculated. And clients don't see that anyway. Ever

Clients see nothing of the sort. They see your name, profile picture, where you're from, your rate or bid (if in a proposal) and that you've done 5 jobs and earned $ 1000+

rhceguru
Community Member

They don't see Job Success Rate?

petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandr R wrote:

They don't see Job Success Rate?

How do you think clients are supposed to see something that doesn't exist?OBVIOUSLY they don't see your job success score because you don't have one.

They see the job success score of freelancers who do have a job success score

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths