🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Return connects
Page options
l_oyarzun
Community Member

Return connects

We all know that the client who posts a job hires a freelancer during the first hours, maximum up to 3 days, however Upwork keeps the job active for a long time, including it even in the Recommended section, knowing that this job is dead and encouraging a waste of connects. If the job has no activity and no one has been hired, why isn't it canceled and the connects return? I have proposals for more than a month even without canceling which undermines the transparency of the platform's operation. Upwork should assign a more realistic (much less than 30 days) and proactive cancellation time and mechanism

3 REPLIES 3
tlbp
Community Member

Couldn't you just look at the date the gig was posted and not apply to those that are more than a few hours old? 

lysis10
Community Member

Luis Felipe O wrote:

We all know that the client who posts a job hires a freelancer during the first hours, maximum up to 3 days, 

This is news to me. I didn't know we know these things. I guess you don't know what you don't know until you know.

data_divas
Community Member

I have been hired a month later after submitting a proposal. Also after several weeks. 

It happens. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members