🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Returned Withdrawal
Page options
nhantin1704
Community Member

Returned Withdrawal

I withdrew money from my Upwork balance, the fee had been dedcuted at once after the transaction. However, later that day, one noti said there was a problem with my local bank account which is my payment method was somehow deactivated. The money returned to my balance but the 1$ fee did not.

1$ may sound trivial but what if this happens again and again and again. I just want to know wether I will get that 1$ or not.

Thank you in advance for your time.

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tin N wrote:

I withdrew money from my Upwork balance, the fee had been dedcuted at once after the transaction. However, later that day, one noti said there was a problem with my local bank account which is my payment method was somehow deactivated. The money returned to my balance but the 1$ fee did not.

1$ may sound trivial but what if this happens again and again and again. I just want to know wether I will get that 1$ or not.

Thank you in advance for your time.

There is no reason why this should happen frequently if you put in your valid bank account number. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tin,

Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time. You can check this help article for more information on how to troubleshoot payment withdrawal and note that in some cases the funds will be returned to you minus some costs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

This is utterly unaccpetable. It's already the fifth time in a row my transaction failed after success withdrawal notification via Local Banks. Fees had been deducted at once without refund. Please take a look and give me an explanation.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tin,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for the very supportive responses towards my problems. However, after changing the account name as well as my bank name, withdrawl still failed. OMG this is so frustrating. I do need that amount of money right now. Please help, I can't afford to see fees kept being deducted without receiving any penny like that.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Tin,

Please check this support ticket whare our augment shared instructions regarding this concern with you.  Once you follow up with our agent and they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Did your resolve or not, Upwork deducts 3 times from me and now I am very frightened to give more tries until someone reaches out to me.

Hi Abdul,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
arbutt76
Community Member

This is not fair, I don't know why Upwork takes $0.99 on every additional withdrawal. Upwork should charge on successful withdrawal, as I had tried 3 times and my money is still returning back to Upwork. And they deduct around $3 dollars which are not fair. I will definitely talk about such incident on social media. I am are really disappointed, we are working 16 hours every day to satisfy our clients, who are also Upwork clients. And this is what Upwork is doing with us. I swear to God I am very disappointed with this incident. I had attached the transaction history.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths