dcvergara

Returnee Freelancer from Odesk or Elance

Any Returnee Freelancer from Odesk or Elance?

I am a returnee myself after about almost 2 years of being inactive in Odesk

How is your come back so far? Any thoughts? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jackiepeeler

Yes, I was on Elance and got active here the first of 2016. It was hard getting a toe-hold, but now very promising. I found it very encouraging to read the posts by oldtimers here who said it can take a long time to build a reputation. I kept plugging and it's starting to work. 

The hard part is keeping the faith doing so many proposals with not much response in the beginning. But it takes time to build anything worthwhile. 

I am also really encouraged by the many improvements the Upwork has made, and continues to make. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jackiepeeler

Yes, I was on Elance and got active here the first of 2016. It was hard getting a toe-hold, but now very promising. I found it very encouraging to read the posts by oldtimers here who said it can take a long time to build a reputation. I kept plugging and it's starting to work. 

The hard part is keeping the faith doing so many proposals with not much response in the beginning. But it takes time to build anything worthwhile. 

I am also really encouraged by the many improvements the Upwork has made, and continues to make.