🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Revengeful Feedback
Page options
saqibmuneeb
Community Member

Revengeful Feedback

Hi Upwork support,I want to dispute a client feedback on one of my contracts. I have worked with a client named **edited for Community Guidelines* before and made him a shopify website for $125. He didn't gave any feedback that time and closed the contract. After some time **edited for Community Guidelines* came back and invited me for another shopify job. I accepted on $40. I asked him to provide feedback for the last job, he agreed and gave me a 5 star review. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I wasn't able to give my time to THIS job so I apologized to **edited for Community Guidelines* and asked for more time or end the contract in order to save his money and time. He started talking rude to me and changed his feedback on the PREVIOUS job from 5 stars to 1 star. Please resolve this issue. I would not accept this review as he just took his revenge on the new job with the previous one.Please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Saqib M wrote:

Hi Upwork support,I want to dispute a client feedback on one of my contracts. I have worked with a client named Daniel Zurraw before and made him a shopify website for $125. He didn't gave any feedback that time and closed the contract. After some time Daniel came back and invited me for another shopify job. I accepted on $40. I asked him to provide feedback for the last job, he agreed and gave me a 5 star review. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I wasn't able to give my time to THIS job so I apologized to Daniel and asked for more time or end the contract in order to save his money and time. He started talking rude to me and changed his feedback on the PREVIOUS job from 5 stars to 1 star. Please resolve this issue. I would not accept this review as he just took his revenge on the new job with the previous one.Please.

This is all very confusing. Firstly, he can't close the first job without leaving feedback. Secondly, he can't change his feedback unless you allow it. So what gives?

You received 1-star feedback from 2 different clients. Time to take a step back and rethink your approach to freelancing, only accepting jobs that you are 100% sure you can deliver excellent work. 

Lastly, only you can remove feedback, and only once you are top-rated, and only once every few months and new contracts. Upwork will not remove feedback just because you don't like it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Saqib M wrote:

Hi Upwork support,I want to dispute a client feedback on one of my contracts. I have worked with a client named Daniel Zurraw before and made him a shopify website for $125. He didn't gave any feedback that time and closed the contract. After some time Daniel came back and invited me for another shopify job. I accepted on $40. I asked him to provide feedback for the last job, he agreed and gave me a 5 star review. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I wasn't able to give my time to THIS job so I apologized to Daniel and asked for more time or end the contract in order to save his money and time. He started talking rude to me and changed his feedback on the PREVIOUS job from 5 stars to 1 star. Please resolve this issue. I would not accept this review as he just took his revenge on the new job with the previous one.Please.

This is all very confusing. Firstly, he can't close the first job without leaving feedback. Secondly, he can't change his feedback unless you allow it. So what gives?

You received 1-star feedback from 2 different clients. Time to take a step back and rethink your approach to freelancing, only accepting jobs that you are 100% sure you can deliver excellent work. 

Lastly, only you can remove feedback, and only once you are top-rated, and only once every few months and new contracts. Upwork will not remove feedback just because you don't like it. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saqib, 

I checked your account, and your ticket, and it looks like you recently asked your client to leave feedback for the old contract. This gave your client 14-days to update the feedback he left for you. Within that timeframe, your client updated his feedback on the old contract, following the unfortunate incident that happened on the second contract. This is why you're seeing that your client was able to update the feedback on the old contract. 

Please note that when you enable a client or freelancer to change feedback, they can make changes multiple times during that time – the window for changes stays open the full 14 days. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
cello700
Community Member

I understand Saqib as I have faced the same issue when the client did not want to pay for services I honestly provided and left me very silly feedback.  I responded to my feedback in very short order and that is all one can do besides getting more jobs, learning from those few jobs in which you have dealt with difficult people and work hard to get even more positive feedback to make the negative feedback look isolated-which we know that it is!   

tlbp
Community Member

Well, I suppose if you had done the work on time you would not be in this situation. So perhaps "revengeful" doesn't accurately describe the client's reason for leaving bad feedback. You invited this situation by asking the client to give you feedback on the old contract before you started (and successfully completed) the new one. 

petra_r
Community Member

I wonder if there was ever any intention of doing the second contract at all.

It may have seemed like a great idea to dangle the chance of cheap work in front of the client to get a nice shiny 5 star feedback for the old contract, and then dropping the ball on the new contract...

If that is what went down, it misfired spectacularly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members