cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal Request from Payoneer to my Upwork account

zuhaibahmed
Zuhaib A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 13

Today, upwork transfered all my money to Payoneer. I am surprised because I NEVER setup payoneer as my default payment method. It's been several years I have never used Payoneer to transfer money from upwork. I always use my local bank account wire transfer.

I contacted upwork and asked about it, and they said Payoneer was setup as my default method for scheduled transfer.

Well as I said above, I never setup Payoneer cause I only use wire transfer to my local bank account.

I went ahead and checked my previous emails to see if Payoneer was really ever setup at my default payment method, and I can't find any email. 

I feel like there was some technical issue at Upwork side which caused the money to be trasfered incorrectly to Payoneer instead of my bank account.

Upwork told me that they will contact Payoneer and get back to me in 1-2 days, but they are not specifying how much time will it actually take to get the money back to my account.

I need to know how much time will it take, and I also need to know if there will be any processing charges by upwork or payoneer for this?

Please advise if anyone has ever faced a similar issue?

Thanks,
Zuhaib

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 13

You must have set it up when you set up your payment schedule. You'd never know if you always did your withdrawals manually previously.

How long it will take and whether it is even possible depends on Payoneer's side.

if you never use Payoneer, why did you add it to your Upwork account in the first place?

zuhaibahmed
3 of 13

I setup with an intension to use it but then I reazlied it wasn't a good idea and not very effective as comared to wire transfer. My payoneer is disabled for like 2 years I guess or even more.

Secondly, I use scheduled payments very often, and I know that it was setup to be with my bank account and not with payoneer.

Now when you say " whether it is even possible depends on Payoneer's side" it concerns me a lot now because I don't know what to do about. I really need Upwork to sort this out asap and revert the transfer back to my account.

And by the way, Upwork sent me email saying something like "Click on the button below to CONFIRM the transfer", and I have NOT clicked on that button, which I hope means that the transaction should still be in the processing stage and can be reverted without much trouble.

Thanks!

7dfb7ea0
Featured Content Expert
Sivan P Member Since: Jan 15, 2015
4 of 13

Hi Zuhaib,

I see from this thread that your issue is being handled carefully by the Upwork team, and I hope it was resolved.

Having said that, just wanted to step in and say that if you do decide that you would want to reactivate your Payoneer card and use these funds I'm happy to help- feel free to PM me. 

Sivan

Community Manager at Payoneer

imtiaz__
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
5 of 13

Helloo Sivan!!
I hope you are doing great. I have mistakenly transferred my money to a pyoneer account to whome i don't have access to any more. Can you please help me out to reverse the funds.?

Thank you

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 13

Hi Muhammad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ibrarali680
Ibrar A Member Since: May 7, 2018
7 of 13

Hi

I am facing a similar issue. It is just that my payment has been transferred to paypal account without me doing it.

Also, previously (some 20 days ago), on one occasion I transferred an amount to paypal inadvertently. I don't remember creating a paypal account. I just need to reverse the two withdrawals (the one I did myself previously and second one yesterday which I did not schedule/withdraw).

Please assist in reversing these two withdrawals and getting the money back into my Upwork account as we do not have paypal in our country.

Regards

Ibrar

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 13

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ibrar.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 13

Hi Zuhaib,

Our team will update your ticket soon so please keep communicating through the open ticket in order to keep the conversation in one place.

Untitled

View solution in original post

zuhaibahmed
10 of 13

Dear Viladmir,

Is it true that it's really upto Payoneer if they want to revert it or not? I am very concerned about it.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Zuhaib

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS