cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversed money without my fault

dijatul
Community Guru

Few days ago I was hired by a  job. I successfully completed the job and client paid me with bonus,but he forgot to end the contarct .His payment method was verified. He already spend money to hire freelancer.

After 2 days later i saw, may be when I woke up in the morning, my financial transaction has been hold surprisingly.My client account suspended by ODESK.  I contacted customer support and provided all specimen what they asked. i gave them every single details.

After somedays later my money gone.

I contacted ODESK ,they said they nothing can do. My question is if My client  account suspended and why all punishment for me. I tried to contact my client but he is still offline. What is my fault, still I dont know?

Whats the reason that ODESK reversed all  money that client paid me. If that client was fraud ,cheated on odesk how can i be so sure about that. I am really confused about and also frustrated about that matter.

I wish further it will never happen any of freelancer. Its too much painful.Smiley Frustrated

31 REPLIES 31
setumonroe
Community Guru
Hi Khadezatul,

Was it a hourly paid contract or fixed price?
---- easy like Sunday morning ----

Setu,

Either way, she is protected IF she had a fixed price or hourly contract (escrow or oDesk guarantee). IF, unfortunately, is the key word...

Cheers,

William

What seems strange is that she says the payment was reversed.

Hourly contract is guaranteed as long as the client's payment is verified. But i am not too sure about fixed price without a funded milestone (if that can even exist these days).

Pretty sure it can't (though not 100%)...

Hi  everyone...

I already told all of you that It was fixed price rate and client paid me with bonus.

After that my clients account suspended.

After that My money gone. I contacted Odesk ,they said to me,My money reversed from my account.

Thanks

Anything else that you want to know. You all are really helpful

HI there . it was fixed price rate .

thank you

suznee
Community Guru

On hourly if she did not keep good memos, the job could have been disputed, as well as if she was on a guarantee job, but on guarantee she would have been paid. So I assume it was either a dispute or fixed rate dispute. But either way she should have been given a reason.

Or the client had an expired credit card.

Khadezatul, since it was a fixed price project, was the milestone funded?

HI Setu,

Ofcourse it was milestone

Thanks

Did they give you a reason it was reversed?

I am sorry to say you that , i asked odesk  a zillion times, They answers they are not able to tell me about anything and its policy violation.

I always wanted to know that and asked them if i dont have any fault then why odesk reversed my job money.

they didnt answer yet.

Regards

Dijatul

It is indicated here

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23153768-Fixed-Price-with-Escrow-Protection-for-Freelancers

that escrowed funds are to ensure the client's ability to pay. So as long as the job was funded (means there was an escrow amount) you should be able to file a dispute based on this

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23109971-How-do-I-dispute-for-release-of-escrowed-funds-

for escrow protection. Afterall this is the purpose of the change. On top of the fact that the funds were released to you, I cannot see how or why the payment would have been reversed.

Is there some other factor you are leaving out?

HI setu,

I already told you that he paid me and he didnt end the  contract.anything else.please let me know

regards

dijatul

Based on your reply, it seems that there was a policy violation. Since you are not getting full details from Customer Support, it will be difficult to understand much. As long as the violation was not on your side I would think that you can file a dispute to get back the money.

I would recommend contacting customer support and asking about filing a dispute, or just go ahead and get it started.

Maybe one of the Mods can shed more guidance as to the steps to be taken.

This was handeling by odesk hire authority.

I contacted customer support they told me i should wait.....I contacted also hire authority who was handeling this case ,his name is Blanche,he is the hier authority and he also told me ...he has nothing to do.......

Everyone here in the community can only provide guidance in as far as we know how to. I would once again suggest one of two things:

Visit this link

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23109971-How-do-I-dispute-for-release-of-escrowed-funds-

and follow the instructions to file a dispute.

Or you can wait for a Moderator to comment on this thread and give further instructions - since Customer Service seems to be a dead end.

Something smells rotten in Denmark...(sorry, Shakespeare)...you have a fixed price contract, you have escrow protection. You have an hourly contract (with time logged via oDesk time thingy) you have guarantee. You don't have either, you have no protection, period. That is, unless oDesk is screwing its freelancers...then something REALLY smells rotten in Denmark...

Once oDesk uses the word "violation", then there must be something else involved - whether real or apparent. So its a wait and see matter.

I tried everything to contacted them but no result.....I asked several times...but no result

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Khadezatul,

It looks like the funds were reversed due to some issues with the transaction and because the funds were not covered by the oDesk Guarantee. Once your client sorts out the issues on his end, he can issue a bonus to you to cover the reversed payment.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS