cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reversed money without my fault

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
1 of 32

Few days ago I was hired by a  job. I successfully completed the job and client paid me with bonus,but he forgot to end the contarct .His payment method was verified. He already spend money to hire freelancer.

After 2 days later i saw, may be when I woke up in the morning, my financial transaction has been hold surprisingly.My client account suspended by ODESK.  I contacted customer support and provided all specimen what they asked. i gave them every single details.

After somedays later my money gone.

I contacted ODESK ,they said they nothing can do. My question is if My client  account suspended and why all punishment for me. I tried to contact my client but he is still offline. What is my fault, still I dont know?

Whats the reason that ODESK reversed all  money that client paid me. If that client was fraud ,cheated on odesk how can i be so sure about that. I am really confused about and also frustrated about that matter.

I wish further it will never happen any of freelancer. Its too much painful.Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 32
Hi Khadezatul,

Was it a hourly paid contract or fixed price?
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
3 of 32

Setu,

Either way, she is protected IF she had a fixed price or hourly contract (escrow or oDesk guarantee). IF, unfortunately, is the key word...

Cheers,

William

Community Guru
4 of 32
What seems strange is that she says the payment was reversed.

Hourly contract is guaranteed as long as the client's payment is verified. But i am not too sure about fixed price without a funded milestone (if that can even exist these days).
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
5 of 32

Pretty sure it can't (though not 100%)...

Community Guru
6 of 32

Hi  everyone...

I already told all of you that It was fixed price rate and client paid me with bonus.

After that my clients account suspended.

After that My money gone. I contacted Odesk ,they said to me,My money reversed from my account.

Thanks

Anything else that you want to know. You all are really helpful

Community Guru
7 of 32

HI there . it was fixed price rate .

thank you

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
8 of 32

On hourly if she did not keep good memos, the job could have been disputed, as well as if she was on a guarantee job, but on guarantee she would have been paid. So I assume it was either a dispute or fixed rate dispute. But either way she should have been given a reason.

Or the client had an expired credit card.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 32
Khadezatul, since it was a fixed price project, was the milestone funded?
Community Guru
10 of 32

HI Setu,

Ofcourse it was milestone

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS