🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reversing billed hours on a fixed contract
Page options
nexusbotswana
Community Member

Reversing billed hours on a fixed contract

Hi all. I was delighted to land my first job in late July. Unfortunately it was shortlived, as both client and I realised that the task actually could no be done in the envisaged way. He thanked me and offered a bonus payment, which I am grateful for. However, I logged in the manual hours as well and now he is being asked to pay those hours. I am very aware that he needs not pay, as I already received my bonus. How do I get assistance to reverse the billed hours and avoid an official dispute? He has been patient enough to allow me to handle it. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nyasha,

At the moment you can't reverse the manual time you`ve added or cancel the charge to your client. Once the funds are available on your account you will be able to issue a refund. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There is no need for a refund, however my client is concerned he is being asked to pay for the extra hours billed, which he does not need to. I have already received the bonus agreed upon.

Is there any way to give him closure on the matter?

Nyasha M wrote:

Is there any way to give him closure on the matter?

You can refund the bonus, or the client can dispute the manual time, which he will automatically win

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members