🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Review My Profile & Give Feedback
Page options
gerrit90
Community Member

Please, Review My Profile

Hey guys,

this is my first time posting here.
I am on UpWork for a few month now, and it starts to get a little bit momentum.
This week I will breach the 1000 Dollar total earnings. 

However, I am still pretty unsatisfied, how few of my proposals come back with an interview invitation.

Could you guys give me a short review of my profile?
What do you like?
What dont you like?
What would you change?

I would appreciate any Feedback!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,400 REPLIES 1,400

Hi,

Thanks, I changed it now.Please let me know

maxyeyap
Community Member

Hello.
I'm called Yeyap patient and I have been a freelance for more than 1month here and I have not yet got even one contavt. what is my error or mistakes I need help....

Your profile says that your English is native, but your post and the content of your profile don't show that at all.  Your profile should explain to clients what you can offer them, not what you've done in the past.

Okay sir I will correct that but I need a guide if you can help me with?

@Yeyap Ndongue P wrote:
Okay sir 

Lol 🙂

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I also need to know how to set my bid rate in other not to drive my viewers away

@Yeyap Ndongue P wrote:
I also need to know how to set my bid rate in other not to drive my viewers away

International language translator

What the frakk is that supposed to mean?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hey, Guys --

I believe that I have found a use for an "International Language Translator."

I discovered this very perplexing entry in a Freelancer's Profile:  

2014 - 2016

I did banking and finance but i'm well feed in any other business department.

Perhaps a good International Language Translator could help me to sort it out. I really have no idea what it means.

Oh, also -- Yeyap:  You seemed to indicate that you were going to change the level of your English (on your Profile) to accurately reflect your level of mastery. The level is still set at "Native/Bilingual," rather than at "Basic." You will want to fix that. You should probably also check into the accreditation of the bi-lingual school from which you graduated.

Yes sir I will change that error too. Please tell me more mistakes i made so that i make corrections on my profile now

I don't even know what it means truelly i will delete it. It was a **bleep**ing inspiration of me ...

Tell me all the error s now please

@Yeyap Ndongue P wrote:
Tell me all the error s now please
Do I correctly understand that you wish to have a fellow freelancer look over your error-riddled Profile and indicate for you all the places where you have gone astray? Do you wish that fellow freelancer to provide these services gratis ? Should the freelancer make suggestions as to correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, etc., or simply highlight errors and leave it to you to make the corrections? (How will you know what is correct?)
Will you include in your Profile a disclaimer that lets potential clients know that your Profile text is not your own work, and that you have at best a tenuous command of the English language?

No okay thanks for the corrections i will adjust them.
oanatds
Community Member

Hello, I've been trying to get my profile approved. I don't know what else to add/mofidy, as I did everything that was on the guidelines. I would appreciate some support. Thank you!

You need to hide the below average test score.  You also need to add a portfolio.  Oh and also probably not use a copy and pasted overview and write one of your own telling the clients what you can do for them. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
oanatds
Community Member

I keep receiving this message "You can resubmit your profile for review after correcting the issues that were identified during the review process. Please check your email for the complete list of issues." when I try to submit my profile for approval, but I already fixed the issues encountered initially. I need some extra help. Thank you!

yitwail
Community Member

For one thing, you copied the first and last paragraph of your overview from another Upwork translator I found by Googling, so that's not ok unless you have her permission to copy from her profile.

Hi Oana,

Please, see suggestions Katrina and John have already shared with you in their replies to your posts. Note that it's very important that you only provide truthful information about your identity, skills and experience on your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork
paul_fig
Community Member

Hi guys

I've been on Upwork for a few weeks, used more than half my connects, haven't won any jobs and have had very little potential client interaction.  I expected it would take time to get established but I'd like to maximize my chance of getting started in the first place.

I've been reading through a few of the forum topics and there doesn't seem to be any youtube trolling here so with reckless abandon I ask if anyone would be willing to review my profile?  Any constructive comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul F

Paul:

You have a great profile photo.

I like your portfolio.

You look like a serious professional with considerable skill.

You need to get rid of some confusing, superfluous skills in the skills list at the top.

Keep these ones:

SketchUp

ArchiCAD

3D Design

Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Photoshop

GET RID OF THESE:

Microsoft Word

Creative Writing

Content Writing

Copywriting

Your profile page is greatly diminished by these extraneous skills, which are nowhere else evident, not in your profile overview text nor in your portfolio. Don't risk looking like a dilettante who doesn't really care about 3D design. Make it very clear where your focus is.

Thanks Preston

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my profile and for your kind and constructive comments.

I've actually recently added the writing aspect as an opportunity to do some copywriting (which I have a bit of experience with) has just come up but I completely agree that it dilutes my core interest which is 3d modeling and built environment.  I'll remove those.

As a community guru do you have any advice or could you point me in the right direction on how to win projects other than low-balling?  I'm really keen to get started and don't expect top tier rates but I don't want to undervalue the service I'm prepared to give.

Thanks!

Paul F

davison_ryan
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Upwork and I want to make sure my profile is the best it can be. Can you please view my profile and offer feedback? The three questions I'd like you to ask yourself are the following.

1. What do you like?
  2. What do you not like?
  3. What would you change and why?

Thank you in advance. 

Hi Ryan,

I think your profile looks great. The only thing I would change is the picture. Maybe it's just me, but this yellow light coming from the left gives you a "sweaty" look. If other people disagree, it's probably just me being picky.

I don't know if exams still matter but if you have the time you can try one that suits you.

Good luck!

snidgy
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to upwork and am trying to make sure that my profile is the best it can be. I would love some advice and opinions, if you have any input I would be very grateful.

Thanks 

Lauren 

Lauren: You have never been hired on Upwork before.

Your profile currently is very confusing.

It presents you as one of 3 things:

- data entry worker

- artist

- book keeper

Pick one. Only one.

After you have some work experience, maybe you can add more than one skill/job niche. But pick one to start out with.

And don't pick data entry.

Thanks for the feedback Preston.

Daniel,

Agreed. That picture was terrible the more I looked at it. I've since changed it to something that looks better. 

I never thought it would be so hard to take a decent picture of myself. 

Thanks for you're feedback. 

shaymaltlc
Community Member

Hello,
This is Shamal .I want to know that , I have a long time gap in market place .But Now I am able to start bid and try to apply .

Can you tell me....at present ...My profile condition is good or bad ? and How start easily for work in upwork

Pls tell me about my profile and possible to work .

I need help for my profile plz plz Help me

Your profile is private and can't be viewed. But one suggestion I'd make is a new profile pic without sunglasses.

Shamal:
You also have the wrong background in your profile photo.

imranvr618
Community Member

Dear All, Hope you fine, I am new to upwork. please comment about my profiel visibility i.e visible to public, clients.

Regards,

Imran

translateswift
Community Member

Hi guys, mods and all smart people, inhabiting the platform. I'm a newbie on Upwork, though I have sucessfully caught a couple of small projects here. After watching, listening and reading almost a dozen know-hows about building up the rep here, I tried my best to structure my profile. But, as you know, after many hours, 'my eyes begin telling  lies') That's why I ask for a third-party glance from aside. Your recommendations will be very helpful not only for me as a startupper, but also for all newcomers. Don't tell me about studing the FAQs - I've been learning them for almost two weeks)) I just wanted you to give a fresh look over my profile.

Thanks in advance,

Philipp. 

sharmarajesh60
Community Member

Hello sir, I am Rajesh. I need to review my profile, What is missing in my profile. How to write..... Please help..Because I am fresher, I have no job yet.

Hi everyone,

I have been on here for about half a year, didnt look that much for jobs, but when I did, I didnt get any replies.

So could some of you review my profile? Would be thankful for any tips and hints.

sharmarajesh60
Community Member

Hello Gerrit S

Please see my profile and tell me what is the problem in my profile overview section.

Please help me and reply must. Because I am fresher on Upwork.

Thanks, u..

I am waiting for your response... Hurry

yjafar08
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

My name is Yasir. I recently started using Upworks, trying to do some more graphic design work.

I have applied to at least 8-10 jobs and have not received a reply at all.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing something? Is there something wrong with my profile?

Regards,

Yasir

yjafar08
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Here is a sample of my proposal for a graphic design job:

Hi there! My name is Yasir and I am an expert in graphic design. I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your project with you.

Based on the information you have provided, I believe I would be suitable for the project. Depending on the brief that you provide, I will first create 3 different versions of the design and send to you for review. Once you have reviewed the samples and provided feedback, I will amend the design and send the final artwork along with the source files to you.

A couple of matters I would like to clarify are:

> You will be providing a brief for each job correct?

> There is a flexibility for me to put forward my ideas right?

> What is the expected turn around time for each brief?

I have 4 years of experience in graphic design. Much of my experience comes from working for a range of clients including i-LAN Technology, Westfield Shopping Centre, Television Sydney and PROPRAC Consultants.

I look forward to working with you.

Regards,

Yasir

I am not getting responses for the jobs that I am applying for. I am new to Upwork and need your help.

Could you please guide me?

Regards,

Yasir

drupal_genius
Community Member

Hello Guys,

Please go through the following proposal that I use (customise some of it as per job post) but surprisingly from last couple of months I have recieving NO response from clients while I have a very good developed profile with 1000+ hours worked and good client testimonials and good enough protfolio. Pelase suggest if I am missing anything, my hourly rate is between $20-25

Greeting! I am an expert in Full Stack Web Development and have excellent skills in all the must have mentioned in this job post. My work has always reflected that I have followed and respected coding standards, I can show you my sample code which will reflect my skills and expertise in writing clean and human understandable code. I follow a strong development flow with the use of cloud server, Agile Project Management tools (Trello, Asana, Jira), version control tool (GIT) for code management and Drush.

I have 7 years of experience in web development and specializing in Front and Back-end Development with server management. My core expertise include HTML, CSS, SASS, LESS, Twitter Bootstrap, Responsiveness, JS, jQuery, PHP, Drupal, Wordpress, Ruby on Rails, Mirror App development, Site Building, Site Administration, Theme Development, Module Development, Commerce and Stripe Integration. I am experienced working with modules like Panels, Views, Display Suite, Webform, Context, Form API, Rules, Features, Workflow, Strongarm, Organic Groups, Hooks, Profile2, I18n, Drupal Commerce etc. Moreover, I have developed websites with social networking features, localization, and mobile integration as well.

Portfolio:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please let me know the time that works best for you to schedule an interview. My Skype is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
With Regards
Imran Naseem

zeliantdata01
Community Member

Please check my profile and know me about if it's need and update and changes. this it question is because not gain projects on same source.

Please reply me for the same.

Thanks

Devang Patel

Jennifer M. should be here any minute now.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths