Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review My Profile

Community Leader
Asif R Member Since: Jan 7, 2015
1 of 2

Hi everyone !

I am working since January 2015 on UpWork. I got an email from UpWork staff member and she said "My profile should be brighten".

I request here to review my profile. Hoping to get best suggestions from Pro members.

Preston H. I am really waiting for your reply please.

Regards

Asif

Asif Rehman
CAJ K Member Since: Mar 31, 2009
2 of 2

I am by no means an expert, but if I may say so, your profile description is somewhat a "wall of text" that doesn't speak much about what you can actually offer your potential clients. A lot of the adjectives you use are pretty cookie-cutter, and by that I mean you can look up any basic cover letter or résumé description on the Internet for any general field, and you will see the same "I am resourceful/I want to share my talents/I want to be an asset to my clients and to Upwork/I am dedicated and devoted/I love being challenged."

These are all basic expectations, after all, and need not be a part of your profile description. These generic descriptions will also most likely cause a potential client to move on to someone who is more concise about what exactly it is that they can offer. You have three full paragraphs of "generic-ness"--scratch all that.

I would suggest you expound on the "expertise" section of your description instead. Come up with short descriptions for each of the points you mention there, Explain briefly how you are a LinkedIn expert. Be more specific about your experience with data entry/scraping and Web research. What tools do you use, and what is your proficiency level with them? Emphasize how speedy/accurate you are at what you do. Maybe you can cite specific project examples which someone could find interesting. Your work history shows that you can perform different tasks, and you can talk about those.

Anyway, this is just my two cents, and I'm sure others can offer even more insights. Best of luck to you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS