cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review New Profile

Heather L Member Since: May 4, 2015
1 of 5

Hello!

I just signed up today, and I am awaiting my approval by the moderators. I wanted to get some initial feedback on what I have currently. 

As a back story, I am on Social Security Disability, so I am looking for part-time work just to have some extra money to supplement my monthly payment. I need to make sure I don't go over a certain amount per month, as well as not making my health even worse. I should be able to manage my hours by applying to select jobs, correct?

Thank you!

Heather

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Heather,

You have an impressive oDesk profile for somebody so new.

I have a tip that will help you:

Carefull go through the complete list of oDesk Skill Tests and take some additional tests that relate to accounting, finance, and other areas which relate to some of the skills you are promoting for yourself.

You will find that you can do quite well on some of those test without needing to study for them, based on the experience you already have. And those tests results will be a welcome addition to your profile.

I think your photo is GOOD, but it could be better. I don't the look of your dark hair set against a dark background. But maybe that's just how it looks on my computer. I can see a bit of your outfit, and it strikes me as appropriate for somebody going to a work party, or something that my Administrative Assistant's student intern would wear, not what my Administrative Assistant would wear. It is a $10/hour outfit, not a $20/hour outfit.

3 of 5

Hi Preston,

Thanks for the feedback! I do plan on going through more of the skills tests related to my areas. 

Re: the photo, I chose the best I had at the moment, I will definitely be taking another with a longer sleeved shirt and against a better background, later today. Is the make-up off putting? The picture was from easter, so I will be doing something much more simple, and without lipstick. 

Thanks again!

Heather

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the makeup.

But if you're not 100% sure about it, and if you would feel more comfortable with a photo using a different approach to make-up... then by all means change things.

Men in general may be less attuned to make-up. And keep in mind that oDesk downsamples the photos so much that none of our photos are really high resolution as seen in our profile pages. So subtle differences in make-up won't show up.

5 of 5

Ah, that's a good point. I think I will go light on the makeup. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS