🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Review client?
Page options
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Review client?

Upwork staff, others...

Why is it that I can't review a client's rating before submitting a proposal to them?  This is a job where I would like to submit a proposal, but the one star rating (only rating?) makes me want to look a little closer to see if there are any comments.

Why can't I do this?  WHY can't I go to a clients profile before submitting a proposal to see if the job is worth pursuing or passing on?  There are certain details that I am looking for if someone has left a comment - details like "client kept changing their mind" or "poor communication", or "client was unresponsive, every communication took several weeks", etc.

Is there a way I can do this before submitting a proposal?  If so, what am I overlooking?

jeremiahbrown_0-1669746800984.png

5 REPLIES 5
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

If you open the job post, you will see the client's history. I have just verified it. 😉

I can see the clients history at the bottom of the screen.  Is that as far as I can go?  

As far as I know, yes

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Jeremiah, before you get to the client Submit page at the bottom you can view all their Projects including Ratings. I would avoid a 1 Star. Thanks!

Yes, I see that.  I am wondering if there is any way that I can go review the client's profile, not just the little section that shows up at the bottom of the page.  A one star review doesnt really tell me anything - it could have been a bad freelancer or it could have been unreasonable expectations on either side.  Unfortunately, the rating doesn't have any feedback so I am left to dig a little deeper to see what I can find.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths