🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Review for long term project
Page options
73daf36d
Community Member

Review for long term project

Hey ya'll,

Can a client leave you a review on an ongoing project ?

I've done about 7 milestones for the client over the past month and in the 'private messages' he's always really happy with my performances, but I don't get the impression he can leave formal feedback that would actually affect my 'job success score' because the contract isn't closed yet. 

As far as I know, the only time I can leave a client feedback is when the job becomes closed and then the feeback section populates so I assume it's probably the same for him. 

Let me know guys ! 

Kyle

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renne,

I checked and you should be able to send a request for mid-contract feedback

You can request mid-contract feedback from a client on any open contract by clicking the “Request Feedback” option under the Feedback tab in the contract room. When you click the “Request Feedback” button we send an email and message (in Upwork Messages) to the client to let them know you’ve requested feedback.

We're also considering how mid-contract feedback can be incorporated into Job Success Scores, but for now this feedback will not factor into your JSS.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle,

That is correct, feedback can only be left for the closed contract.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
reneedobz
Community Member

I want to confirm you are saying that we cannot get feedback on ongoing projects? As a freelancer who has been writing for my client consistently for 2+ months, I find it disheartening that I cannot get formal feedback that would show other potential clients that I am a good hire. This project will potentially go on for a while (I may end up writing 50+ articles for them) so how is that fair to me that I have to wait until the end, which could be months if not a year from now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renne,

I checked and you should be able to send a request for mid-contract feedback

You can request mid-contract feedback from a client on any open contract by clicking the “Request Feedback” option under the Feedback tab in the contract room. When you click the “Request Feedback” button we send an email and message (in Upwork Messages) to the client to let them know you’ve requested feedback.

We're also considering how mid-contract feedback can be incorporated into Job Success Scores, but for now this feedback will not factor into your JSS.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths