Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Review my profile description please

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
1 of 4

Hello everybody,

Over the last few weeks I've been thinking about taking my Upwork activity to a new level, hopefully a higher level.

I am currently in the process of redesigning and updating my portfolio website and looking to improve some areas of my profile: profile description, new tests relevant for my skills, maybe a video and a new profile picture.

So, if anybody has a few minutes to read and suggest some ideas to improve my profile description, I would be grateful.

*Not exactly looking for someone to tell me what to write in there, I'm interested in your insights, if you were a client how would you judge my profile description? Where do you think is room for improvement?

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 4

I'd focus on the value you deliver and your differentiators. You want to grab your prospects attention in the first paragraph. There are many WP developers out there, why should I hire you over 20 others that applied? That's what your first paragraph should contain. I like what you tried to do in your overview, but much of it is redundant and only few clients will read your entire overview.

I'm sure others will jump in with more detailed feedback.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 4

I agree with Kriztina. To be specific, a client would be able to tell by looking at your cover letter that 'I never make random applies and if I applied to one of your projects it means I understand the requirements, believe the projects suits my skills and at the end will deliver a quality work.' so I think it's unnecessary to put that at the beginning of your profile, although it MIGHT make your profile stand out a little bit.

4 of 4

Thank you both for taking the time to answer!

John, that's an excellent point:

"To be specific, a client would be able to tell by looking at your cover letter that 'I never make random applies and if I applied to one of your projects it means I understand the requirements, believe the projects suits my skills and at the end will deliver a quality work."

I mean, I never used copy and paste cover letters, always try to adapt it to the job description, requirements, sometimes client's tone.

This first paragraph is something I came up back in the days when the quota system was running. I knew that spam applications were a problem because of the high number of applies available and many clients complained about this fact. Perhaps spam applications is still an issue, maybe it's been reduced since connects were introduced... I'm not sure.

I guess it's time to change this paragraph, I was thinking the same and I'm happy I have received your feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS