🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Review that was given to me by my first c...
Page options
gurtej1992
Community Member

Review that was given to me by my first customer is not showing up on my profile

Hey, 

I done one hourly job 2 week back but the review that was given to me by my first customer is not showing up on my profile.

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gurtej, 

I checked your account and can see that the hourly contract started and ended almost two weeks ago. Once the payment for this contract is processed according to the weekly billing cycle, the feedback will show up on your Work History.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Avery
Upwork

"Once the payment for this contract is processed"

He paid me nothing. he gave me a project on $10/1hr and he said to complete in 6 hr and it took me like 8 hrs i guess. than he said you have two options either i will not pay you in return i will put a good review. or i will pay me and give you a bad review. I went for first one. 

Gurtej S wrote:

He paid me nothing. he gave me a project on $10/1hr and he said to complete in 6 hr and it took me like 8 hrs i guess. than he said you have two options either i will not pay you in return i will put a good review. or i will pay me and give you a bad review. I went for first one. 

----------------

So, you went for the first option. (not to be paid but given a good review). Once you get that good review, IF you get that GOOD review, or if you get a review at all. you can then cut out that review and take it with you when you buy groceries, fill up your car with gas, or include it instead of a check when you pay your bills. I'm sure all those businesses will appreciate that good review in return for your payments/purchases. 

If this was an hourly contract, Upwork deducts the payment directly out of the clients credit card/bank. For hourly jobs, a client doesn't fund escrow. And a client pays for the hours you worked as long as you used tracker, made notations for those hours. and had normal activity. 

The only way to "refund" payment is to delete the screenshots therefore deleting the hours recorded for that screen shot so the client isn't billed for those hours. I SURE HOPE you DIDN'T do that, because if you did, you rewarded the client for doing what he did. This client has most certainly has done this type of behavior, again and again. He does it because he gets away with it SO easily. again and again and again.)

Gurtej S wrote:

He paid me nothing.

Then no feedback will ever show.

You should have reported the client for feedback extortion.

Gurtej:

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened.

You were dealing with a scammer, not an honest client.

There are some important things for you to do now:

- Learn from your mistake. Don't do the same thing in the future.

- Understand fully that you will not get a review to show up on your profile, and you will not get money for this job.

As Petra stated, the proper course of action would be to report the client for feedback extortion, and NOT refund the money. Upwork takes this kind of thing very seriously.

Ths client should lose his Upwork account entirely. Hopefully that can still happen.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths