🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reviews and Feedback
Page options
rashidasaifee
Community Member

Reviews and Feedback

Hello Team, 

Greetings of the day...!!!

I want to know about my 1 project feedback because I gave a full refund to the client and he gave me good reviews and feedback so I want to know these reviews will show on my profile or not. 

As client gave good reviews so if you will show it on my profile so it will really help to enhance my profile. I hope you can understand. 

Contract ID: 26396248

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank!

Regards, 

Rashida Siyawala

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rashida,

Please keep in mind that contracts will be listed on your profile when funds have been exchanged. Since you've initiated a full refund, the contract and the feedback will not be published on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If the client was happy with your work, why did you give them a full refund? If you told them that you'd work for free in return for a good review, that's called feedback manipulation and it's against the rules.

Anyway, no, the feedback won't show on your profile or have any impact on your JSS.

Hi Christine A, 

Thanks for updating me. No, I have not broken any rules of Upwork, actually, we mutually came on this refund solution, you can also check our communication 🙂

Actually, it was an hourly project and it is showing in my "All Contracts" List and yesterday client end the contract with good reviews so I just want confirmation that's why I raised a ticket. 

Thanks for letting me know about this. 

Best Regards, 

Rashida 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rashida,

Please keep in mind that contracts will be listed on your profile when funds have been exchanged. Since you've initiated a full refund, the contract and the feedback will not be published on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a situation where a client has canceled a contract and asked for return of $100 in Escrow. I'm certain if I lodge a dispute I will win, but I'm not sure that it's worth the time and effort + the risk of negative feedback. It's a $1,000 contract with no payments made, just the first amount of $100 in Escrow. He is claiming writing quality issues, something that I have never experienced in all my years on this platform (since 2015). English is his second language and he hasn't maintained his side of the contract in terms of providing resources +++ He is also very slow to respond to queries (usually 1-2 weeks), so I'm happy to end the contract. As it stands now the ticket states "Client's Feedback to You N/A". I presume that this means if I let him have his $100 back that's the end of that - ie that nothing will appear on my profile (not the job or feedback)? But will it affect my score? It also gives an option "Your Feedback to Client". When I click on this is says: "Private feedback This feedback will be kept anonymous and never shared directly with the client." So, what's the point? I would give him 0!out of 10. Also, if I decide to dispute the issue, what would happen in terms of feedback a) if I win, b) if I lose?  

Penny S wrote:

It's a $1,000 contract with no payments made, just the first amount of $100 in Escrow. ?  

All you can dispute is the $100. You don't "win" disputes on Upwork. Upwork don't decide, they only try to mediate. If you can't reach a mutually acceptable compromise, you'd have to pay $291 each to go to arbitration. 

Penny S wrote:

. I presume that this means if I let him have his $100 back that's the end of that - ie that nothing will appear on my profile (not the job or feedback)? But will it affect my score? 

Nothing will show on your profile, but the private feedback will affect your JSS.

Penny S wrote:

Also, if I decide to dispute the issue, what would happen in terms of feedback a) if I win, b) if I lose?  

When nothing is paid, no public feedback is left. If you ended up getting paid, you could leave public feedback as well, as could the client.

Thanks Petra. But can he leave private feedback even if he has canceled the contract and no money has been paid? 

Penny S wrote:

But can he leave private feedback even if he has canceled the contract and no money has been paid? 

Yes, as can you...

So it's bit like Russian roulette! A toss up whether he is more likely to leave bad private feedback if I dispute his request for a refund. Rather shocking since it opens doors to sheer spitefulness. Any from the way this client has acted up until now I have no doubt he will leave bad feedback either way. Ah well. It's my decision. Thanks for your input. 

Penny S wrote:

A toss up whether he is more likely to leave bad private feedback if I dispute his request for a refund. 

He has already left private feedback. That ship has sailed. It was left while the contract was ended.

The only question now is if you want to deal with this nonsense over $100 or not.

I guess not! Good riddance. The rest of the clients I am working with are fantastic to work with and I have more than enough work. It'll be interesting to see how his feedback impacts my score. Fortunately I don't need any new clients now. Thanks Petra. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members