🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reviews on my profile and Job offers
Page options
moustafashaheen
Community Member

Reviews on my profile and Job offers

Hi,

So two months ago, I just decided to close all open contracts.

So now I got from 100% to 92% and the last 5 contracts on my profile have no feedback, It’s been two months and rarely someone reply to my proposal, And no job offers

What should i do? Close the account and create new one?
8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Moustafa S wrote:
Hi,

So now I got from 100% to 92% and the last 5 contracts on my profile have no feedback, It’s been two months and rarely someone reply to my proposal, And no job offers

Whyever would you want to throw away a good work history, being top rated, and start anew with no history? Aside from getting suspended for having more than 1 profile?

robin_hyman
Community Member

There's nothing wrong with 92% JSS.  Just keep applying. 

m_terrazas
Community Member

Moustafa S wrote:
Hi,

Hi Mustafa,
The first thing I want to do is congratulate you on your portfolio.
You have great jobs!
As Martina told you, you can't create a new account because they would suspend you, and it would be a waste.
92% of JSS is not bad. You are still TR.

As you have verified, closing jobs massively is not a good idea.
If they are jobs in which you have charged something, tThey won't affect you for a while, if they're still open (I don't know exactly how much).
If you have to close any, do it after having done some work with good feedback. That will mitigate the effect.

Maybe someone shows up and explains it better.

A little effort and sure you get out of there.

Good luck!

jared_k
Community Member

Those three "no feedback left" jobs actually help because they count toward completed jobs. Once you complete two more jobs then you can use your feedback removal to eliminate the bad review from September, which should raise your JSS immediately.

Once you complete two more jobs then you can use your feedback removal to eliminate the bad review from September, which should raise your JSS immediately.

Nope you can't remove a review from September. You have 2 weeks from when the review was posted to submit a feedback removal request.  

I don't see any restrictions about a two week deadline from after a job was completed.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

I believe you do have a two week window, though, if you fall out of top rated status. Maybe I am missing something? 

Jared K wrote:

I don't see any restrictions about a two week deadline from after a job was completed.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

I believe you do have a two week window, though, if you fall out of top rated status. Maybe I am missing something? 

I thought I saw that somewhere but can't seem to find it.  I stand corrected. 

yitwail
Community Member

Moustafa, since you’re top rated, you can remove a feedback, which could improve your JSS. If I were you I would remove the 3.25 from September 2029, although the 4.00 feedback from October 2019 might have slightly longer effect because of JSS 6 months calculation window.
Learning Paths