🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Revisions for Graphic Design projects
Page options
daydreamdesigns
Community Member

Revisions for Graphic Design projects

Designers - Is there something in the Upwork terms that defines what a revision is, or is that something that you and the client decide on together (or rather, the freelancer tells the client what constitutes a revision)?

I am currently working on a graphic design project, and have agreed to give one revision to the client. In my opinion, the client's request is larger than just a revision.

It seems like some clients think a revision can be a complete do-over.  Not on a fixed-rate, my friend!

With graphic design, it seems there is much grey area when it comes to a revision. How does one define how much a revision is when it comes to artwork, and properly convey that to the client?

2 REPLIES 2
bzstudio
Community Member

There is really no way to standardize something like that since every situation is different. If it's a complete redo, you could tell them what they're asking for is a completely new design, which would cost (fill in the blank). If it was me I would probably just do it, then when they inevitably want another revision, charge them more than you normally would for a revision. In the past I wouldn't have charged them, but after one client got 22 free revisions, I decide no more of that!

re: "Is there something in the Upwork terms that defines what a revision is?"

Absolutely not.

Upwork is used by MANY kinds of projects, and you will rarely find ANY contract wording or ToS that is specific graphic design, or any other niche.

But any successful freelancer knows they must think about this, and they must specify what they will and won't do as part of the agreement BEFORE they accept a fixed-price milestone.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths