cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisions

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 14

Yes, you understand correctly but it is very rare and eventually you have to put your foot down. It's happened to me once since I started working here in August.

And yes, the clock starts over.

I've actually had some ask for revisions after the escrow has been auto-released. -_-

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 14

Jutta B wrote:

So do I understand that correctly that a client can ask for revisions limitlessly ( is that a word or did I just invent it) and every time they ask the 14 days start again after re submission?

Yes, but I have seen mods say before that the freelancer can initiate a dispute if this seems to be happening in bad faith.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 14

re: "So do I understand that correctly that a client can ask for revisions limitlessly"

You are correct.

This is what I refer to as the "fixed-price loophole."

It is a weakness in the overall Upwork system.

There are clients who are bad people who attempt to use this loophole to NOT pay for the work that they hired a freelancer to do. It is a form of stealing.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
14 of 14

For fixed price projects, I clearly state in my proposals that my price includes up to two rounds of minor revisions and if they need more than that, they'll have to open a new hourly contract. So far, I've only had to actually make this switch with one client, but they were a doozy; they ended up requesting over 100 rounds of revisions to their 12-page document, over a 1-year period. (I shake my head when I see other freelancers offering unlimited revisions - I should have sent that client over to them.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS