Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward for long term success?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 20

I could trade for the tshirt and we can pretend like we're creepto traders waiting for the moon and lambo and then we can exit scam after we sell our warez to the OP.

Y'all need to get on my level though. How much you think this worth on ebay?

MNzrMij

nb88
Community Leader
Nick B Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
12 of 20

Well technically it might not be our employer but it fulfills a lot of the same functions. The Amazon comparison is not really apt; we work in conjunction with UW to provide a paid service. Totally agree with your other points though and I still feel that even a minor acknowledgement would at least generate a bit of goodwill. 

browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
13 of 20

Nick B wrote:

Well technically it might not be our employer but it fulfills a lot of the same functions. The Amazon comparison is not really apt; we work in conjunction with UW to provide a paid service. Totally agree with your other points though and I still feel that even a minor acknowledgement would at least generate a bit of goodwill. 

They fulfill the same functions as Amazon and Ebay. They provide a means of connecting buyers and sellers and processing payments. Both incredibly important but also very far from an employer and employee relationship and all that goes with that. 

They do provide acknowledgement but perhaps not the levels you are looking for. There are congratulatory emails based on revenue and also time on platform. There can be other things as well as I've gotten water bottles and other UW swag. All appreciated but as mentioned I'd trade it for something more meaningful in the "Top Rated" category where we provide a lot of revenue for UW at very little cost.

Revenue is a better metric than number of jobs to be honest. In the end revenue is what both parties are here for. What's better, a 100 jobs that netted $10k or 50 jobs that netted $20k? Some categories have very short-term jobs that pay out less while others have jobs lasting months or more resulting in high revenue. Again everyone is here to make money and job count is a misleading stat towards that goal. As mentioned by someone else earlier, keep doing great work and you will get that congratulatory email from UW at the next revenue mark. Hopefully they send you a nice water bottle or coffee mug to go with it! 

lysis10
Community Guru
14 of 20

I vote that upwork sends him some gold star stickers to put on his monitor.

lysis10
Community Guru
15 of 20

Nick B wrote:

I just passed 100 jobs on UW which has taken a few years and a lot of work. No acknowledgement from the powers that be. Can't say I lost any sleep over it but what about something to mark milestones like 50 jobs or 100 hours worked. No fees on your next three jobs? Free connects?

Thoughts? 

100 jobs is so adorable!

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
16 of 20

I don't know how many jobs I've completed. (I do, however, like seeing the stats on how much I've earned.)

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 20

Tonya P wrote:

I don't know how many jobs I've completed.

142 of which 17 were hourly and 125 fixed rate.

nb88
Community Leader
Nick B Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
18 of 20

As is 100% jss - hopefully you'll get there one day! ;

melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
19 of 20

I wouldn't expect any perks, per se, at the 100-jobs mark, but I say to you: congratulations! That's a lot of hard work. I'm nowhere near the 100 mark but I'm sure I'll do my own private 15-second happy dance at that point. It's an achievement, so way to go.

hodgesh
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
20 of 20

When applying to jobs that have criteria like "must have X number of hours," those of us who have that many hours don't get flagged as not meeting the client's criteria. I find that a satisfying milestone marker.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS