🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reward your longterm freelancers, Upwork.
Page options
bannistercarl
Community Member

Reward your longterm freelancers, Upwork.

I am sure this has been asked or recommended before, but with all of the changes being made in Upworks favor recently, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to grandfather in those freelancers who carried over from Elance and Odesk. I am not saying Upwork needs to pay these freelancers a bonus, but more of a prorate, discount or fee reduction as a smooth way to soften the blow with this new connections system, and member cost increase. The reason I am posting this is because I have heard many freelancers are leaving/contemplating leaving Upwork due to these changes. Commitment and long term relationships are what keep most of us afloat, so maybe Upwork should go the extra mile and recognize the long term freelancers in some way to say thank you, therefore keeping as many freelancers as possible.

I am not one of these freelancers who is pondering a time to leave, but I do see the impact the new changes will possibly have if Upwork doesn't make additional changes in these long-term freelancers favor.
50 REPLIES 50

@Christine A 

Nice car drawing! 

Alexander B wrote:

@Christine A 

Nice car drawing! 

LOL - it wasn't my drawing, it's the Riddler's car (as in Batman). But the logo does match uncannily well, doesn't it. 

Christine A wrote:

Alexander B wrote:

@Christine A 

Nice car drawing! 

LOL - it wasn't my drawing, it's the Riddler's car (as in Batman). But the logo does match uncannily well, doesn't it. 

looks great 🙂

Lena E wrote:

Wine time? Petra, we have a couple exclusive Upwork wine glasses...

I would love to be like Oprah and say "you get a mug! and you get a mug! and you get a mug!" 🙂 I'll work on it. We appreciate all of you!

-Lena

No way - I want a wine glass too! Or, just forget the glass and send me a bottle of wine.

Same here, I want my mug.

Carl B wrote:

quit whining....quit whining....

(Snoopy because I could not find a pic of the mug and it's dirty in dishwasher)

Carl B wrote:

Well, at least now you know why you're not getting any perks. Upwork is wasting all our service charges sending "merch" to Petra.

Petra R wrote:

Carl B wrote:

I have rewarded oDesk, Elance and Upwork over the years with the variable fees implied for the projects I have built. so why not ensure the longevity of those relationships with a once in a while "thank you" from Upwork.

Point is: Upwork is a platform, not an employer that gives you a watch for having stuck around longer than the fax machine in the corner.

Easy for you to say, you got a mug! Smiley Tongue

I do not get the whole mug thing. I have my wown logo and mugs and a mousepad with it. A few stickers pimp my laptop and notebook.

If I want to promote a business, it is my own.

Jennifer R wrote:

I do not get the whole mug thing. I have my wown logo and mugs and a mousepad with it. A few stickers pimp my laptop and notebook.

I saw a picture of Petra's mug once. It is a good size and looks like a comfy handle. I want one. Don't try to apply reason to this!

Phyllis G wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

I saw a picture of Petra's mug once. It is a good size and looks like a comfy handle. I want one. Don't try to apply reason to this!

I kind of want one, too, and I'm phasing off of Upwork. I have the notebook.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths