Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous notice from UpWork

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
11 of 18

Gary don't frett.  You are new, but you do have some nice book covers in your portfolio.  Invisibility does not hurt you - actually it may help you.  It could serve as a filter from scammers.  Potential buyers can still see your profile when you submit the proposals so if they come to you they like your work.  Scammers usually search for 'fresh' faces.  Freshies have not learned all the tips and tricks to protect themselves.  They are easy prey.

As I said, you do have strong designs and as you gain traction this will go away.

bookcoverdesign
Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
12 of 18

Thanks Prashant. We'll see how it goes.

bookcoverdesign
Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
13 of 18

My profile has been locked as private but I've been working on a project for several days and am constantly bidding on jobs!!!!!! This has happened before and it's so freakin' frustrating. UpWork really needs to figure out a better system. 

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
14 of 18

@ Virginia-

Adding my 100+ kudos to Nichola's.

That U. email is undoubtedly the most poorly piece to ever grace this platform.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
15 of 18

@ Wendy:

"That U. email is undoubtedly the most poorly piece to ever grace this platform."

WOW!  If true, that's really saying something! I believe that the Upwork "needs a serious re-write" competition is a hard-fought rivalry, indeed! Smiley Wink 

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
16 of 18

My bad - should have read "poorly written piece"

rverang
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
17 of 18

@Wendy C wrote:

My bad - should have read "poorly written piece"

Just like archived proposals that says withdrawn by you when you didn't actually withdrew anything.

firescue17
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
18 of 18

@Virginia F wrote:

The point is ... Upwork should use one of the many good writers here to rewrite the notice they send out. I really don't care when I get sent to detention, I just wish the notice wasn't so bleeping stupidly-written.

Upwork should use one of the many good writers here to rewrite all of the notices they send out as well as most of the website.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS