🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ridiculously low budget, should I ignore
Page options
hoffenberg-irit
Community Member

Ridiculously low budget, should I ignore

How should  a freelancer respond to an invite from a potential new client, when the potential client indicates in his job request a budget of $5, while the freelancer profile rate is clearly stated at ten times higher than that, should the freelancer totally ignore the invite ?   

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You received an invite.

It costs you nothing to reply - other than time.

I don't think you know that the client meant the budget to be $5.00

That could simply be the default value that was there when he created the job posting.

What I would do:

Ignore the $5.00 budget.

If you are interested in the work, then reply to the invitation.

Talk to the client about the work, and if she wants you to do the work, then simply work at your regular rate.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I always respond to invitations. A budget that low may well be a placeholder. If the project interests you otherwise, respond. Mention that you assume the budget is a placeholder and substitute your own budget (be sure to specify what your budget includes). It costs you no connects to respond to an invitation.

If the project doesn't interest you, decline.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Irit H wrote:

How should  a freelancer respond to an invite from a potential new client, when the potential client indicates in his job request a budget of $5, while the freelancer profile rate is clearly stated at ten times higher than that, should the freelancer totally ignore the invite ?   

Ignoring the invite is not good for your responsiveness rating, so either accept or decline in a timely manner. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members