🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talant Badge need back
Page options
harsh_kukreja
Community Member

Rising Talant Badge need back

Hello all,
Actually i got rising talent badge a month ago and lost it within 2 days. I read about it i need to maintain it and all.
I don't want anyone to share link of the requirements page for rising Talant.
I love to know which are the things leads to loose my badge and how can i get back in a week.

Thanks
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Harsh K wrote:

you mean after 6 months effect of that bad feedback will remove from jss right?

Did you read the resources I sent you?

No, it will not remove it. The effect won't be removed until it falls out of the maximum calculation window which is 2 years. After 6 months it won't be included in your 6 month calculation window anymore, It will still be in your 1 year and 2 year windows. But your JSS is calculated from your BEST calculation window.

You're actually lucky your JSS is as high as it is given that half of the last 10 clients who left feedback were not 100% happy.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

When you get JSS, you loose the Rising Talent badge.
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You have a job success score now, so you won't be able to get a rising talent badge again. You need to work towards getting a top rated badge instead.

Then why is some proposal submissions, i see a red warning sign over rising talent.
It shows i am not qualified if i am not rising talent?

Harsh K wrote:
Then why is some proposal submissions, i see a red warning sign over rising talent.

Because you are not Rising Talent and your JSS is not over 90% The preference is for JSS 90%+ including Rising Talent). As you don't fulfil either preference, you get the warning.

Thanks petra, upper comment saying you have only one either jss or rising talent i am confused.

Harsh K wrote:
Thanks petra, upper comment saying you have only one either jss or rising talent i am confused.

Yes, that is correct. *YOU* can have either a rising talent badge or a JSS.

But jobs often request a minimum of 90% JSS *or* a Rising Talent badge (either being acceptable to the client) . Because you have neither one nor the other, you get the alert that you don't meet the client's preferences.

You could not have a Rising Talent badge with the poor feedback you had anyway.

Thank you for this. JSS is temporary or permanent. i mean NEGATIVE feedbacks have time period to affect jss or its lifetime? I mean is the more project is the only way to get 100 JSS
2. Did i lack something in my profile which can lead to not go on top-rated category.

Harsh K wrote:

Thank you for this. JSS is temporary or permanent. i mean NEGATIVE feedbacks have time period to affect jss or its lifetime? I mean is the more project is the only way to get 100 JSS
2. Did i lack something in my profile which can lead to not go on top-rated category.

1. You can read up on the JSS here. Yes, you need to complete more contract perfectly (you have way too many clients who were not 100% happy) to raise your JSS. It can't go to 100% until the last neative factor has fallen out of your calculation window.

2. You don't have a JSS of 90% or more and you don't have enough top-rated eligible weeks. You need 13. You likely have 1 or none at all.

You can find out about the top rated program here

You need to fulfill all of these criteria:

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

(source)

Thank you petra, i need to work hard to be in top-rated.
But your answers were really helpful. 

So, it's possible to get 100% JSS sometime even after a low rating feedback right?

Harsh K wrote:

So, it's possible to get 100% JSS sometime even after a low rating feedback right?

Yes, but not for at least 6 months after the last poor feedback.

It's Shocking, you mean after 6 months effect of that bad feedback will remove from jss right?

Harsh K wrote:

you mean after 6 months effect of that bad feedback will remove from jss right?

Did you read the resources I sent you?

No, it will not remove it. The effect won't be removed until it falls out of the maximum calculation window which is 2 years. After 6 months it won't be included in your 6 month calculation window anymore, It will still be in your 1 year and 2 year windows. But your JSS is calculated from your BEST calculation window.

You're actually lucky your JSS is as high as it is given that half of the last 10 clients who left feedback were not 100% happy.

Petra thanks a bunch for so much clarity.
So what's the solution now. Should i go with new account or continue with current profile. Because i want to be in top-rated.
Somts are 100% satisfy but they left me with 4. Something rating 😞

Harsh K wrote:
Petra thanks a bunch for so much clarity.
So what's the solution now. Should i go with new account or continue with current profile. Because i want to be in top-rated.
Somts are 100% satisfy but they left me with 4. Something rating 😞

You cannot erase bad performance by creating a new identity. 

You must accept your reviews and learn to live with them. Creating a new profile is against the rules. Besides, you will encounter the same problem again. You will believe your clients to be fully happy and they will give you less than perfect ratings. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths