Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge Gone

timur2010
Ace Contributor
Tamerlan K Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
1 of 8

Hello Everyone!

I have lost my Rising Talent Badge. Turns out client left private feedback under 9. Well I don't think it's fare, but this post is not about it. Invitations stopped coming, clients stopped answer the proposals, eventhough I still prepare cover letters carefully, giving sugestions on key questions of job description, sending work examples. I guess the UpWork algorithm puts me somewhere deep in the dark, that client never even reaches to my proposal to simply read it.

What should I do now?

Please don't answer me those generic copy paste "keep the great work", "you on the way to get jss" etc.

I need advice, what should I do now? How I get the job in this situation?

Thank you for any help

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

I would suggest that you rework your profile and add more detail about your skills.  The client initially sees the first couple of lines so make those count.  Also, you have some mis-spelled words.  Make sure your profile highlights your skills and experiences, on and off of Upwork.

View solution in original post

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 8

Tammerlan,

It is just possible that it is a glitch. Due to its major update, Upwork has been extremely unstable in the last couple of days, so the loss of your rising talent badge could have something to do with this, which has robbed a number of freelancers of their top rated status

However, although perfect English is not required for your job skills, there is a spelling mistake in your overview, which should be corrected.. Change "relayable" to "reliable".

And keep bidding. Freelancing can be a question of feast or famine. If a client likes your portfolio and your proposal, you will get hired, whether you have the rising talent badge or not.

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 8

Hi Tamerian,

I can confirm that your Rising Talent status was not removed due to a glitch. You received some great advice here from experienced users. Try not to get discouraged. Keep applying, even Top Rated users go through the "dryspell".

-Lena

Untitled
timur2010
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

Thank you Mary, Nichola and Lena!

I have revised my Overview section as you suggested. Now I have a chat with one potential client. I have question about contract conditions. This client is willng to hire me, but has second thoughts on part of job, that I am not very experienced in. Well I know I can deliver good result to him, in every area we discussing.

So my big question is: If I will guarantee to client (on UpWork chat) that if he is not satisfied with the result I will roll back the payment, will it be UpWork policy violation? Actually am I allowed to do such thing, or only UpWork can give the payment back to client? What would you advice me in this situation?

booksist
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
6 of 8

Hi Tamerlan,

I hope the prospective client hasn't asked you to guarantee satisfaction or return the money. Because, if that was the case, maybe it would be wiser to stay away from them. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 8

Hi Tamerlan,

The option your proposing here is not a violation of ToS. But i will advise you to make an extra milestone, maybe for a lower rate for that part of the project. It`s your choice at the end.
And you can release the whole payment back if you want, there is no need to contact CS to do this part.

~ Goran
Upwork
timur2010
Ace Contributor
8 of 8

Thank you Goran for your quick responce!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS