cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge Lost

Okba N Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
1 of 93

Hello everyone,

Recently i've finished a fixed price job successfully, the client didn't end the contract, so i contacted him and asked him if he had any other requests, But he didn't answer. So after about 3 weeks i sent him another message and told him that i'm going to end the contract, and asked him to contact me if he have any request, and then i ended the contract an left him a feedback, but of cource he didn't left any feedback because obviously he was busy or unavailable for weeks.

Everything was fine until i found out that my "Rising Talent" badge was removed, so i contacted Customer Support and this was their response:

I would like to let you know that your Rising Talent badge was removed because you received less-than-good or no public or private feedback from a client.

One of the requirements that you did not meet was:

• Deliver great results to your clients

You had a recently ended contract with no feedback.

I don't think this make sense, it is not the freelancer fault that the client is unavailabe and didn't left feedback.

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 93

That's why you should always leave it to the client to close the contract. Apparently it's very  difficult for them not to leave feedback, if they close the job. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Matteo R Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
3 of 93

Hello,

I have had my badge removed too due to a missing feedback. The client however, sent a very warm appreciation note that makes me think (or, hope) that he might have simply forgot to write a feedback.

My quesiton is, if the client leaves a positive feedback, although with some delay, will the badge be back to my profile?

Thank you in advance for clearing my doubts.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 93

Hi Matteo,

Both clients you worked with have already rated you. Although one of them didn't leave written comment, they still left star rating and private feedback. Continue to bid actively on jobs within you skill set and deliver great results on the jobs you win to become Rising Talent again or get your Job Success score.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Matteo R Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
5 of 93

Valeria,

the real issue here is that the Badge is removed as soon as the first feedback is received, de facto hampering a newbie the possibility to win jobs because a) most employers specify they want RTB holders to apply and b) they require a "x" success rate that cannot be achieved until one gets four feedbacks (see attachment).

It is unthinkable to tell each potential employer the story of the missing badge, as they don't have the time for long application notes, or they just couldn't care less - they just check if an applicant has what they have requested, if not they skip to the next one, period.

Keep bidding actively under these conditions is likely to be but a huge waste of time and available connects.

In other words, the current system is crap. Does it take that much effort to leave the RT Badge in place until the feedback count reaches four? Don't think so. Is there a will to get things straight? No idea.

6 of 93

Hi Matteo,

The Rising Talent badge is not removed as soon as first feedback is received. The quality of profile, bidding activity, outcomes of completed jobs and other factors are taken into account to make sure the freelancer still qualifies for the Rising Talent badge. Also, once Job Success score can be calculated for the freelancer, it replaces the RT badge.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Miguel A Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
7 of 93

Hi Valeria,

Greeting for the day!

I got a Rising Talent badge in 28th August. But the badge disappeared just now. 
The problem would be a job cancelled by client, I think. My client ended the contract as a mistake, so he recreated a new job on upwork and I completed it to success on time. And I recieved a good feedback and five star from my client.
Could you tell me why I lost a Rising Talent badge? Is it possible to get a badge?
Thank you in advance.

Miguel

8 of 93

Hi Miguel,

There are a few reasons why your Rising Talent could disappear. While we'll not be able to share details about your particular situation, please note that you might no longer be Rising Talent because:

1. You are about to get your Job Success Score.
  2. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.
  3. You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days (freelancers who created their account less than 30 days ago are not included). Once you begin applying or working again, your Rising Talent badge will be reinstated within 24 hours.
  4. You have a policy violation or other concern pending.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Miguel A Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
9 of 93

Hello, Valeria
Thanks for your reply.
But I have a problem not clear. Please consider my job Find HTTP Request Info in Android App history once more.
In this job my client cancelled as a mistake. So he created a new job and gave me a good feedback to hire me again. 
Hope to be evaluated fairly.

Thank you for your consideration.

Miguel

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 93

Hi Miguel, 

I checked your account and can see that you lost your Rising Talent badge because you already have a Job Success Score of 89%. Continue doing great work for your clients because you are on your way to become a Top Rated freelancer!

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS