Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge Lost

Miguel A Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
11 of 100

Hi Valeria,

Greeting for the day!

I got a Rising Talent badge in 28th August. But the badge disappeared just now. 
The problem would be a job cancelled by client, I think. My client ended the contract as a mistake, so he recreated a new job on upwork and I completed it to success on time. And I recieved a good feedback and five star from my client.
Could you tell me why I lost a Rising Talent badge? Is it possible to get a badge?
Thank you in advance.

Miguel

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 100

Hi Miguel,

There are a few reasons why your Rising Talent could disappear. While we'll not be able to share details about your particular situation, please note that you might no longer be Rising Talent because:

1. You are about to get your Job Success Score.
  2. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.
  3. You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days (freelancers who created their account less than 30 days ago are not included). Once you begin applying or working again, your Rising Talent badge will be reinstated within 24 hours.
  4. You have a policy violation or other concern pending.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Miguel A Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
13 of 100

Hello, Valeria
Thanks for your reply.
But I have a problem not clear. Please consider my job Find HTTP Request Info in Android App history once more.
In this job my client cancelled as a mistake. So he created a new job and gave me a good feedback to hire me again. 
Hope to be evaluated fairly.

Thank you for your consideration.

Miguel

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 100

Hi Miguel, 

I checked your account and can see that you lost your Rising Talent badge because you already have a Job Success Score of 89%. Continue doing great work for your clients because you are on your way to become a Top Rated freelancer!

-Avery
Untitled
Stan K Member Since: Oct 14, 2016
15 of 100

Hi Avery,

I had my Rising Talent badge for more than a month and now it dissapeared. Previously my client described the job details not appropiately and cancelled the job when I told him that my skills do not fit his job. Was that a reason for RT badge to dissapear? Can It be reestablished now?

Thanks.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 100

Hi Stanislav,

Please note that submitting proposals on job posts relevant to your skill set is one of the Rising Talent requirements. Make sure to submit proposals only on jobs that match your skill set and if you're confident you have time and experience to complete as per clients' requirements.

17 of 100

But I didn't submit a proposal for his job. He invited me for his job and clarified job details wrong. Please tell me how can the RT badge be returned now?

Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 100

Hi Stanislav,

Continue sending well written proposals to jobs within your skill set, only accept offers if you are sure you have sufficient experience and skills to complete the job and deliver great results on your contracts. That way you will be able to either get your Rising Talent badge back or earn good Job Success score.

~ Valeria
Untitled
19 of 100

Okay. Thanks a bunch, Valeria

Kenneth P Member Since: Sep 12, 2017
20 of 100

I am new on UpWork, aothough I have 25 years experience in several skill areas.

Perhaps a "button" to dispaly all newbie jobs that don't require 1000 hours or a past rating...

Lots of time wasted looking at great offers with zero chance of being considered.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS