Rising Talent Badge Lost

Abhisek R Member Since: Aug 19, 2018
21 of 93
rt batch depends on my performance and maybe their is a chance to get again
the rt batch
Maymun I Member Since: Nov 11, 2018
22 of 93
Hello Avery.
I lost my Rising talent last week, Please ensure me when I got back my rising talent states again?
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
23 of 93

Hi Maymun,

To maintain your Rising Talent badge you will need to constantly fulfill the requirements  listed here. Once you`re eligible to receive the badge again an email confirmation will be sent to you, thank you.

Joanne
Milisav R Member Since: May 22, 2018
24 of 93

Hi there,

I think I made a mistake by closing contract instead of waiting my client to close it because the job is done and she was very very happy with my work so I closed it and left her a good feedback which I expect to be the same for me.

I did not know and just read here that it might be the reason or maybe I will get the JSS finally, can anyone from suport team check this for me and reply pls?

Any advice if outcome is different is welcome.

Dexter S Member Since: Jun 20, 2016
25 of 93

After succesfully completing 2 jobs, I noticed that the Rising Talent badge is no longer visible in my profile.

I've sent an email to Upwork's Help Center, they replied  to me that they have reviewed my profile and the badge was removed, because I already have a work history.

I doubt that I have a JSS now, because those are just two small jobs. And, I've seen a lot of freelancers here who still have their RT badges even after 6 jobs.

Is there anyway that I could get back into the Rising Talent status. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
26 of 93

Dexter S wrote:

After succesfully completing 2 jobs, I noticed that the Rising Talent badge is no longer visible in my profile.

Is there anyway that I could get back into the Rising Talent status. 

Neither of your two clients were 100% happy, that is why you lost your rising talent status.

Patricia T Member Since: Mar 3, 2017
27 of 93

I'm going through the same issues with my badge appearing and disappearing. On my profile, I have no negative feedback. One job was closed by a client, but the job has not yet appeared on my profile one way or another.

I believe all of this confusion could be solved by an email to me and others in the same situation. It could tell us that the badge has been removed and why. Then, we will know what to expect. Today I had five possible jobs that fit my skill set that required Rising Talent, and I did not have the opportunity to propose on them. And I don't know why.

Thank you for listening.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
28 of 93

Hi Patricia,

I understand your frustration but can confirm we won't be sharing exact reasons for removing a freelancer's status.

Please note that you can still bid on jobs that include the Rising Talent preference as long as you have the skills and time to complete it as per the cliet's requirements.

29 of 93

Patricia T wrote:

I'm going through the same issues with my badge appearing and disappearing. On my profile, I have no negative feedback. One job was closed by a client, but the job has not yet appeared on my profile one way or another.

I believe all of this confusion could be solved by an email to me and others in the same situation. It could tell us that the badge has been removed and why. Then, we will know what to expect. Today I had five possible jobs that fit my skill set that required Rising Talent, and I did not have the opportunity to propose on them. And I don't know why.

Thank you for listening.

Patricia, nothing to worry about. You have already completed 5 jobs from 5 different clients. Now, you are eligable for a Job Success Score (JSS). It should appear on your profile soon. Unfortunately, there is often a gap between the Rising Talent Badge disappearing and the JSS appearing. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-My-Job-Success-Score

Q: I don't have a Job Success Score yet. When will I get one?

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won’t count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score.

Abu S Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
30 of 93

You guys are always talking about
    "Make sure, your client has ended the contract."

Well if the client is unavailable for couple of months and the Upwork Team take an action to end the contract due to inactivity, where's the fault of us of losing the Rising Talent badge?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS