cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge Lost

Patricia T Member Since: Mar 3, 2017
31 of 100

I'm going through the same issues with my badge appearing and disappearing. On my profile, I have no negative feedback. One job was closed by a client, but the job has not yet appeared on my profile one way or another.

I believe all of this confusion could be solved by an email to me and others in the same situation. It could tell us that the badge has been removed and why. Then, we will know what to expect. Today I had five possible jobs that fit my skill set that required Rising Talent, and I did not have the opportunity to propose on them. And I don't know why.

Thank you for listening.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
32 of 100

Hi Patricia,

I understand your frustration but can confirm we won't be sharing exact reasons for removing a freelancer's status.

Please note that you can still bid on jobs that include the Rising Talent preference as long as you have the skills and time to complete it as per the cliet's requirements.

33 of 100

@Patricia T wrote:

I'm going through the same issues with my badge appearing and disappearing. On my profile, I have no negative feedback. One job was closed by a client, but the job has not yet appeared on my profile one way or another.

I believe all of this confusion could be solved by an email to me and others in the same situation. It could tell us that the badge has been removed and why. Then, we will know what to expect. Today I had five possible jobs that fit my skill set that required Rising Talent, and I did not have the opportunity to propose on them. And I don't know why.

Thank you for listening.

Patricia, nothing to worry about. You have already completed 5 jobs from 5 different clients. Now, you are eligable for a Job Success Score (JSS). It should appear on your profile soon. Unfortunately, there is often a gap between the Rising Talent Badge disappearing and the JSS appearing. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-My-Job-Success-Score

Q: I don't have a Job Success Score yet. When will I get one?

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won’t count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score.

Kristine Charisse D Member Since: Oct 1, 2018
34 of 100

Hi Valeria,

I just had my Rising Talent Badge but due to my messages not loading I had to submit an email regarding on my concern , just a few days the Badge disappeared , is this "other concern pending"? The Problem was solved just today , would I be able to have the badge again?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
35 of 100

Hi Kristine, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket for this issue, and the agent handling your case will continue assisting you on your open ticket. 

-Avery
Untitled
Abu S Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
36 of 100

You guys are always talking about
    "Make sure, your client has ended the contract."

Well if the client is unavailable for couple of months and the Upwork Team take an action to end the contract due to inactivity, where's the fault of us of losing the Rising Talent badge?

Ace Contributor
Marco V Member Since: Apr 2, 2016
37 of 100

I've recently closed a suspended contract. I was sure that the client would not return, nor close the contract and that there would be no feedback. 

So, I guess they will probably remove my Rising Talent badge also, but the contract has already been suspended and I doubt it would do me any good to leave it open. However, the client was very satisfied with the job I've done before he disappeared. 

Okba N Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
38 of 100

That's exactly what happend with me, i didn't know that my badge will be removed if the client doesn't give feedback, it doesn't make sense. So it is probably better to leave it open as Scott said.

Ace Contributor
Marco V Member Since: Apr 2, 2016
39 of 100

I wouldn't be too worried about it. I think we get JSS after 5 jobs completed so the Rising Talent badge is only temporary. Anyway, it still does not feel right for us to lose it just because the client won't leave feedback. 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
40 of 100

Okba,

When did you close the job? Your client has 14 days to leave feedback, you can still request them to do so. If the 14 day period has ended, they can still change their feedback if you enable it by following the steps here:

To enable changes:

1. Click the My Jobs tab and select the Contracts page.
  2. Check the Ended Contracts box and then click the title of the contract to get to the details page.
  3. The Feedback pane is at the top of the page. Next to their “Feedback to You,” click the “Enable client to change feedback” link. Please bear in mind that you cannot reverse this action.

-Lena

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS