cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge Lost

Ace Contributor
Marco V Member Since: Apr 2, 2016
31 of 93

I've recently closed a suspended contract. I was sure that the client would not return, nor close the contract and that there would be no feedback. 

So, I guess they will probably remove my Rising Talent badge also, but the contract has already been suspended and I doubt it would do me any good to leave it open. However, the client was very satisfied with the job I've done before he disappeared. 

Okba N Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
32 of 93

That's exactly what happend with me, i didn't know that my badge will be removed if the client doesn't give feedback, it doesn't make sense. So it is probably better to leave it open as Scott said.

Ace Contributor
Marco V Member Since: Apr 2, 2016
33 of 93

I wouldn't be too worried about it. I think we get JSS after 5 jobs completed so the Rising Talent badge is only temporary. Anyway, it still does not feel right for us to lose it just because the client won't leave feedback. 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
34 of 93

Okba,

When did you close the job? Your client has 14 days to leave feedback, you can still request them to do so. If the 14 day period has ended, they can still change their feedback if you enable it by following the steps here:

To enable changes:

1. Click the My Jobs tab and select the Contracts page.
  2. Check the Ended Contracts box and then click the title of the contract to get to the details page.
  3. The Feedback pane is at the top of the page. Next to their “Feedback to You,” click the “Enable client to change feedback” link. Please bear in mind that you cannot reverse this action.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
35 of 93

Lena, the OP has already said that the client did not leave public feedback, so there is nothing to change. The OP reached out to his client who refused to answer and according to the message he received from CS, he received bad private feedback from this client, which resulted in his losing the badge.

From what I understand, the OP is questioning this underhand system. I don't think freelancers would mind private feedback, even if it was less than stellar, if they could receive (privately), the reasons for it. It would help to improve one's game.

36 of 93

Thank you Lena for your response, i closed the job about 5 days ago, yes he can still give feedback but that's not the point.
In my cas the client was 100% satisfied and the job was completed, but he was not available after that.
Thank you Nichloa, but no i haven't received bad private feedback.
The point is that it dosen't seem right to lose the badge if the client didn't leave feedback.
Thanks

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
37 of 93

Okba N wrote:

Thank you Lena for your response, i closed the job about 5 days ago, yes he can still give feedback but that's not the point.
In my cas the client was 100% satisfied and the job was completed, but he was not available after that.
The point is that it dosen't seem right to lose the badge if the client didn't leave feedback.
Thanks

I agree with you completely. My JSS hasn't thus far been impacted by this, but the assumption in Upwork's algorithm that a client who doesn't leave feedback is dissatisfied is ridiculous.

Anyone who has worked in the business world knows that the dissatisfied are much more likely to get vocal than those who are happy with the service they received. To go one step further, for busy people working with contractors, a smooth, effortless transaction is part of what makes the experience satisfactory. Having to take time out to clean up by closing the contract and leaving feedback is a hassle, albeit a fairly minor one, that will diminish some clients' satisfaction. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
38 of 93

Okba N wrote:

Thanks

In that case, you may have completed enough jobs to have lost your rising talent status, as this is only a temporary status. (I can't tell as your profile is private). Do you have a JSS yet?  Lack of feedback does not necessarily impact this.

39 of 93

If that was the reason of losing the badge, i would be completely satisfied, but that's not what the Customer support said, their response was : 

One of the requirements that you did not meet was:

• Deliver great results to your clients

You had a recently ended contract with no feedback.

Which obviously means that lack of feedback affects your status and probably JSS too, and No i don't have JSS yet
( i think my profile is not private, it is visible to upwork users )
Thanks

40 of 93

Okba N wrote:

Thanks

I would not worry too much about a small job with no feedback. Also you already have done 12 jobs over a long period. They will probably contribute to your JSS soon. Next time you should ask the client to close the job than he will be reminded to leave feedback. You could also ask him kindly to leave feedback. There could also be another reason for the loss of the badge.

And yes, your profile is visible for Upwork users but not in the community.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS