Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge Lost

Jenny L Member Since: Jan 21, 2011
51 of 95

Matteo R wrote:

Vladimir,

I may have gon a bit too far with my comment and I apoligeze. On the other hand however, when I rised the topic the best piece of advice I got from the Staff was "just keep bidding activelyAnd you'll see you can succeed". The point that everybody seems to be missing is that, when employer set certain criteria - and among them "Rising Talent" always appears, my bids get routinely turned down, no matter how qualified I am, or low my bid is, or how well written my proposals are.

As long as this Badge problem is not handled properly, my opinion will still be the same I have expressed.

I hope that my point of view is somewhat clearer now.

I think it has nothing to do with the badge but how good your profile is. I have Top Rated badge with 100% success score but clients still picked others who have a lower success score than me. Just don't give up, some other clients will notice you somehow. ;-)

Jalil H Member Since: Jun 17, 2016
52 of 95

As you said you are now qualified for "job sucess score" and will be displayed on SUNDAY but still its not appeared on my profile.
kindly update my profile and add "job success score" there. 

Thanks you.
Regards
Jalil H.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
53 of 95

HI Jalil, 

We're sorry for the inconvenience. I'll have the team investigate why your Job Success is not showing on your profile. 

-Avery
Untitled
Jay O Member Since: Nov 8, 2017
54 of 95

I recently lost my Rising Talent Badge too today.  And what is sadder part, a client of mine have hired me maybe because I had presented a solution to his problem on my proposal. But then, the client did not get online, I had followed up several times, but then when he get online he said problem already solved and the job no longer needs to be done. It's not part of my control, so I hope it must not be considered on my case. It's as if the client hasn't hired me in the first place cause there is no job to be done anymore. I had contacted upwork support and she said my case will be re-considered. Please, I hope so. It's unfair to me in this case.

Ace Contributor
Caroline A Member Since: Dec 26, 2014
55 of 95

I had 21 jobs (11 of them are inactive since months ago or even years ago. Mostly the job has delivered succesfully)

I recently closed 11 contracts at once then I lost my top rated badge altough I still have 91% job success, anybody knows when I will retrieve the badge? Yea of course those 11 closed contracts have no feedback because the clients have disappeared for ages Man Indifferent

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
56 of 95

Hi Caroline,

Closing old jobs is not the reason why the top rated badge was removed from your profile. Please check the list of requirements for the Top Rated program and let me know if you have any questions.

Andrea F Member Since: Oct 9, 2018
57 of 95

Hi there! I recently closed a contract because the client was completely unresponsive. I had no idea this would remove my rising star badge. I think it's really unfair that you would assume the client was unhappy when it was him who disappeared while I delivered all the work on time. If this is really a reason for loosing your badge you should really inform people so that they are aware of closing contracts with no feedback. How can I get back my badge? I've already asked the client to leave feedback but as I said he is unresponsive. Please reconsider your handling of this issue.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
58 of 95

Hi Andrea, 

I apologise for the delay in our reply. We checked your account and it looks like the badge is available again on your account. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

-Avery
Untitled
Kallmann Choong M Member Since: Aug 19, 2016
59 of 95

Can anyone please tell me why did my rising talent badge disappear? I have 4 completed jobs so far, 3 jobs with 5 stars rating and 1 job with 4.5 rating. Did the 4.5 rating cost me my badge? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
60 of 95

Kallmann C wrote:

Can anyone please tell me why did my rising talent badge disappear? I have 4 completed jobs so far, 3 jobs with 5 stars rating and 1 job with 4.5 rating. Did the 4.5 rating cost me my badge? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

It could have done, but it's more likely that your Rising Talent badge vanished because you will be eligible for your Job Success Score when the system updates tomorrow - which requires 4 or more completed contracts from 3 or more clients.

Usually the Rising Talent badge goes away just before the JSS kicks in.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS