cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge Lost

Andrea F Member Since: Oct 9, 2018
61 of 100

Hi there! I recently closed a contract because the client was completely unresponsive. I had no idea this would remove my rising star badge. I think it's really unfair that you would assume the client was unhappy when it was him who disappeared while I delivered all the work on time. If this is really a reason for loosing your badge you should really inform people so that they are aware of closing contracts with no feedback. How can I get back my badge? I've already asked the client to leave feedback but as I said he is unresponsive. Please reconsider your handling of this issue.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
62 of 100

Hi Andrea, 

I apologise for the delay in our reply. We checked your account and it looks like the badge is available again on your account. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

-Avery
Untitled
Kallmann Choong M Member Since: Aug 19, 2016
63 of 100

Can anyone please tell me why did my rising talent badge disappear? I have 4 completed jobs so far, 3 jobs with 5 stars rating and 1 job with 4.5 rating. Did the 4.5 rating cost me my badge? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
64 of 100

@Kallmann C wrote:

Can anyone please tell me why did my rising talent badge disappear? I have 4 completed jobs so far, 3 jobs with 5 stars rating and 1 job with 4.5 rating. Did the 4.5 rating cost me my badge? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

It could have done, but it's more likely that your Rising Talent badge vanished because you will be eligible for your Job Success Score when the system updates tomorrow - which requires 4 or more completed contracts from 3 or more clients.

Usually the Rising Talent badge goes away just before the JSS kicks in.

Kallmann Choong M Member Since: Aug 19, 2016
65 of 100

I thought the JSS policy stated that it requires 7-8 completed jobs instead 4? By the way out of my 4 completed jobs,  there are only 3 different clients, which means 1 of them is from the same client.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
66 of 100

@Kallmann C wrote:

I thought the JSS policy stated that it requires 7-8 completed jobs instead 4? By the way out of my 4 completed jobs,  there are only 3 different clients, which means 1 of them is from the same client.

Unless it has changed it is 4 or more completed contracts from 3 or more different clients, so you will get yours tomorrow

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
67 of 100

Hi Kallmann,

Please check the list of possible reasons Valeria shared in her post on this thread and note that we won't be able to share any further details.

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Miguel,

There are a few reasons why your Rising Talent could disappear. While we'll not be able to share details about your particular situation, please note that you might no longer be Rising Talent because:

1. You are about to get your Job Success Score.
  2. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.
  3. You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days (freelancers who created their account less than 30 days ago are not included). Once you begin applying or working again, your Rising Talent badge will be reinstated within 24 hours.
  4. You have a policy violation or other concern pending.

Dijana A Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
68 of 100

Hi,

I lost my Rising talent badge. Can someone from Upwork check my profile and tell me why is that? I am already working on some projects, I'm doing a good job, but somehow I lost my Rising talent badge.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
69 of 100

Hi Dijana,

I will not be able to share exact details about what caused your Rising Talent status to go away for privacy reasons. Below you can see potential reasons.

You might no longer be Rising Talent because:

1. You have a Job Success Score (and hopefully have achieved Top Rated status!).
  2. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.
  3. You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days (freelancers who created their account less than 30 days ago are not included). Once you begin applying or working again, your Rising Talent badge will be reinstated within 24 hours.
  4. You have a policy violation or other concern pending.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Dijana A Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
70 of 100

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for information!

I think I was not doing any of this. Is there a way that I return Rising Talent status?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS