🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Rising Talent Badge/Perks are being skipp...
Page options
s_safavian
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge/Perks are being skipped

Hello everone,
I received the attached Email 2 days ago, and as you can see I'm eligibke for Rising Talent program. I took the test as Email has instructed, and didn't get any badge or perks. So I contacted the suppoet and they told me that I'll receive it within 48 hours( which didn't happen).

I posted to the community, and got the attached answer" that I will get my JSS instead" and that " silly little badge" will disapoear after the JSS.

I believe Upwork's skipping the badge, which is not silly to me, and all its benefits, and in exchange will assogn my JSS which is applicable to all( no award, but a statistic result).

Upwork support doesn't respond, and I get " silly" comnents in my other posts by people who calls Upwork Rising Talent a " silly" thing.
I hope you guys understand the frustration as a new-hard working Upwork freelancer, who is just asking for what he has been promised of.
Warmest Regards,
Seyed F.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

The Rising Talent disappears after you reach a certain point. You then move to JSS.

There's no getting it back. Now, you work to get Top Rated.

Thanks for your respond:
1) Is that the rrason Upwork doesn't award me the badge?

2) do the extra perks which comes with the badge( say connects) disappear as well?!

Don't think so.

Seyed Farhad S wrote:
Thanks for your respond:
1) Is that the rrason Upwork doesn't award me the badge?

2) do the extra perks which comes with the badge( say connects) disappear as well?!

1. It is an automated process What good would that silly badge (which tells clients that you are a beginner) do you for less than 24 hours?

2. I'm sure Upwork will give you those 30extra connects if you need them that desperately. The way you are making a spectacle of yourself spamming a public forum with incredibly poorly written posts will, of course, warn any client who bothers to check never to work with you, but please, do carry on making a public spectacle of yourself...

It was me asking questions here, not you.
Is the reason ,that Upwork doesn't give me the badge and its feature, is that it will vanish tomorrow?
If it's a " silly" thing then why Upwork maintains the program, and Email freelancers encourage/congradulate them for the " silly" thing?

I'm not scamming any public community, I'm simply talking the facts with actual proofs, that has occured to me.

Seyed - Petra said "spamming." She did not say "scamming." Wake up.

Seyed,

I've just checked your profile, and I should think that very soon you will get your JSS. And as has already been said,the Rising Talent badge is given to some (not all) new freelancers. Once they have a few jobs under their belt and have earned certain amount of money, the badge is automatically removed. 

(ETA: On this subject, I have just been to the help pages to find the article about rising talent. The little search bar doesn't work for me, and the bot gives a very poor description and no link to the article. Searching the help pages used to be relatively simple ...)

Nichola,
I have been eligible for the program( see the attached) 2+ days ago, and I think I like that. No matter how long that badge remains on my profile, I want it to be recorded in my statistics that I earned the thing after almost a month of active freelancing in Upwork.

I researched a lot after I received the Email, and I know it will be replaced by my JSS, but the thing is all freelancers will have a JSS sooner or later, but Rising Talent is a distinguishing feature, which exludes the tops, awarded to only 5% of freelancers.
Hope you understand the frustration dear.
Sincerely,

Seyed Farhad S wrote:
 I want it to be recorded in my statistics that I earned the thing after almost a month of active freelancing in Upwork.

Sincerely,

You are free to save the e-mails that Upwork sent to you about the Rising Talent badge and to record everything into your files so you will remember this momentous day forever.

But never again will it show on your profile. You're not a rising star anymore, you achieved your journey among the Gods and you are now in the Pantheon of Upwork. A life has ended and a new one begins Seyed.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hi Rene,
Thanks a lot for your encouraging respond. But I've never got that badge meaning I was never a rising star.
I hope you understand the frustration imposed when you are being promised of sth, but never awarded.
I'm really disappointed, but anyhow, thank you again!

Seyed Farhad S wrote:

I hope you understand the frustration imposed when you are being promised of sth, but never awarded.

How old are you? You need to be at least 18 to work here.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hi Seyed Farhad,

I checked your account and see that you already have an open ticket regarding this concern. I've followed up with the team that's handling your concer and one of the team members will update it to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne Marie,
Thanks for reaching out, highly appreciate it.

I messaged the assigned support staff( Peter) this morning, since he had told me that I'll get the badge within 24-48 hrs. ,but have not received any respond from him yet.

Many thanks for your concern.

Seyed F.

Sayed - You will do a lot better with your statistics if you get lots of clients and do exceptional work for them - instead of spending your time stomping your feet in the Upwork Community. You might also try working on composition.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths