cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge lost due to account hold?

Carlos C Member Since: Mar 1, 2017
1 of 11

Hello everyone,

I have lost my Rising Talent Badge. I believe it was because I had my account put on hold for the ID verification video interview. I think it makes no sense and it's very counterproductive to put on hold an account that is starting its way to success, when achieving the first job rated with 5 stars by the client, just to verify if it's not a fraudulent account. The hold status leave freelancers unable to send more proposals and he looses the Rising Talent Badge. This is very unfair...
Could it be possible to restore the badge immediately after the ID verification video interview be successfully resolved?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos Caetano

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Carlos,

If the Rising Talent status was removed due to profile verification request you received, it will be returned shortly after a profile has been verified. I'll check with our team and follow up with an update.

3 of 11

Hello Vladimir

The profile has already been checked, I had the 5 minute video interview almost a week ago and my account has been fully resumed since. But the badge is gone.

4 of 11

Hello Vladimir.
Any news about this topic?
Thank you

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 11

Hi Carlos,

Your account hold wasn't the reason why you lost your Rising Talent badge. You can go to your My Stats page and check if you have any recent account holds that would count against you. There can be other reasons why Rising Talent was removed from a freelancer's profile:

1. You have a Job Success Score.
  2. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.
  3. You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days (freelancers who created their account less than 30 days ago are not included).
~ Valeria
Untitled
6 of 11

Hello Valeria,

Thank you for your reply.

I went to My Stats and seems to me that none of the reasons you described apply to my case.

I have registered to Upwork last February 16th. Less than one month ago.
I have my profile 100% filled.

I created several portfolios and took several tests.
I immediately proposed to jobs and got one that went well and quick, and I received a great review and 5 stars from the client.
I received 2 invitations that I promptly responded.

meanwhile I got my account oh hold for ID verification reasons. It went well and I got my account resumed.
I continued to send job proposals but by then my RTB was already gone.

Please tell me why, because I can't find a reason and I would like to continue to propose to jobs that require RTB.

Thank you,
Carlos

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 11

Carlos, you probably aren't going to get a specific answer (definitely not in the public forum), but you can still apply to jobs that list Rising Talent. A lot of clients choose those preferences without really thinking about it or accept the defaults--if you have a good profile and a good proposal for the job, many of those clients will hire you without the badge, even though they've asked for it.

8 of 11

Thank you Tiffany,

I realize I can still propose to jobs and I know I probably wont receive a direct response to my questions in the forums but I sure would like to feel that someone would care enough to go check about this. It feels that my efforts are not being rewarded after all... In fact it's the opposite way.

Do you think I should open a ticket with support?

Thank you

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 11

It can't hurt to try. Chances are you won't get a satisfactory answer, but there's no real downside to asking.

10 of 11

Well, suggesting that I should check my stats didn't work before so, I can only conceive as a satisfactory answer one that explains either why it was my foult or that it was a site glitch or bug...

I will open the ticket.
Thank you

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS