🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rising Talent Badge not received
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

yes same as me i'm 100% job success 1k earnings all my contract is good feedback but i saw some account only have 100$ earning have rising talent badge.

May i know when rising talent badge appear on my account i have 100%job success but still i dont get rising talent badge.

Hello Arnaldo,

Since already have a JSS on your Upwork profile, you are no longer eligible for Upwork Rising Talent Badge. You can start working toward Top Rated status. You can refer to this Help Article to know more about our Top Rated program.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello there,
I have done with upwork ready ness test and also confident that all other criteria are satisfied but still didn't get rising badge on my profile. Can anyone help me.

Cheers,
Niraj

Hi Niraj,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi - I have taken the UpWork readiness test, received the 30 connects but the Badge still doesn't appear on my profile (nor do I qualify for a client's request of "rising talent"). 

Everywhere I read I'm supposed to receive an email about taking a test, but since I already took the test, I don't understand how to proceed. 

Do I wait for another test on my email? Or do I wait more? (those 48 hours mentioned by support passed long time ago). 

Thank you for your help & have a great one! 🙂 

Hi Cosmin,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

I had passed upwork readiness test yesterday and also I satisfy other criteria required for the same. Please let me know when this badge will be visible on my profile.

Hi Swayam,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have started upwork 2 months back. I daily apply to lots of jobs. Recently, I had successfully completed my 3 jobs. My profile is up-to-date and satisfy all rising star talent badge criteria. Still I haven't received badge... Please somebody give me proper solution.

Despite having a Rising Talent badge, the rising talent job criterion is  highlighted in red. 

It says "You do not meet this qualification."

Any help with the issue will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Zakaria,

As you recently got the Rising Talent badge, please allow some time for the system to update so the badge can start showing on your 'My Stats' page and the qualification while submitting proposals to update accordingly. Also, you should receive your Job Success Score after the next update so you can start working towards the Top Rated status! Please note that once you receive your JSS, you will no longer be eligible for the Rising Talent badge.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Many thanks for clarifying. 

When can I come under "Rising Talent" freelancer?

Hi Prasad,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Upwork community,

This is my first time posting to the forum, and the reason I've reaced out is simply I can't wait!

I received a notification this morning once I logged in sayingg that I've been eligible for Rising Talent program, and need to take the Readiness Test. So I did and passed the test, but nothing happened.

Hours later I received an offical Email this time, saying almost the same thing, plus that I need to "claim my Rising Talent Perks". So I re-took the test( passed obviously), and nothing happened yet, no badge, nor any extra feature/Connects. I didn't find any option to claim the badge after the test(s).

I assume its a matter of time as support team said, but need to know if I've missed something( my profile is 100% complete).

Your comments are highly appreciated!

Seyed F.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on being part of the Rising Talent Program, Seyed!

You should receive the badge within 24-48-hours. If this doesn't happen automatically, you can come back here, and we'll be happy to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,
Thanks for your respond. It's almost 48 hrs. since I took the test, yet nothing happened. Would you please guide me through this?
Regards,

Seyed F.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seyed Farhad,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements.

You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. 

Please, allow time for this process to be completed, as you might receive the JSS by the Monday.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,
Thanks for your respond.
I received an Email saying that I'll be get my rising talent badge upon passing the readiness test.
Now you are saying me that I WON'T get the badge and PROBABKY will get my JSS instead?!
I want the badge as Upwork has promised, then the JSS whenever it'll be ready. Otherwise what was the point of that Email?
Regards,

Seyed F.

Hi Bojan,
The Email has said that I'm eligible for rising talent badge( hasn't nentioned anything about JSS). Now you are telling me that I won't get the badge and PROBABLY will get my JSS which is applied to all freelancer instead?!
Doesn't make scence to me, and I expect my badge, and when that time comes, the JSS.
Don't understand why Upwork has not yet award me the badge.
Regards,

Seyed F.

Bojan,
Please see the attachment and read it carefuly.

Your comment doesn't make sense at all. As you are aware of, only 5% of freelancers will be eligible for this program, and it's mentioned in the Email that "all I need to do is to pass the test". Now you are telling me that I might get a JSS which is applicable to all freelancers, and won't get the benefits of a Rising Talent member( like the Connects)?!

Please be more detailed in your response. Also FYI I promised a client during an interview that I'll be a rising talent member within the next 24 hours as support team had promised me; Upwork made me a liar.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You'll get a Job Success Score tomorrow anyway, so I have no idea why you are having quite such a meltdown, the Rising Talent badge would vanish at that point anyway. So is it worth a bunch of frantic posts to have a silly little badge for 24 hours?

You "promised a client" that you'd be a Rising Talent?

Seriously?

The client would care.... why, exactly? 

Hi,

I want the Rising Talent awards/perk, and Upwork is skipping them. Regardless of JSS, I want what I've been promised for. Why I'm not getting my badge, and THEN, tomorow as you said, my JSS?!

Hope That Make Scence!

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

What perk? There is no perk. You work harder and get better perks now.

As Petra said, JSS updates again tomorrow. Rising Talent badge is useless.

Time to move on and work toward a consistent 100 percent.

Welcome to the pool!

Please see the attached.

Cairenn R wrote:
What perk? There is no perk.

Those who get the silly badge also get 30 free connects.

He clearly needs the 30 free connects that come with the silly badge desperately enough to spam a public forum.

And also YES, I didn't promised, I simply conveyed what I've been told, and I said that I'm a rising talent member, and this is a serious thing to me: I LIED?! if so, I will take it even more serious!

Seyed Farhad S wrote:

And also YES, I didn't promised,

Right...

promised.jpg

Seyed Farhad S wrote:

Athis is a serious thing to me: I LIED?!

Indeed you did.

Either you promised a client (as if a client would give a **bleep**) or you did not.

No amount of mindless raging and spamming a public forum will change the fact that even if the badge did happen, it would be gone by tomorrow anyway, so all this incredibly unbecoming screaming and ranting and spamming would have been for nothing.

And if you believe that "silly little badge" doesn't worth this frustration, then why Upwork doesn't simply award me that "silly little badge"?! I want the badge, I want its perk, and I want what I deserve. Hope that's clear!

Seyed Farhad S wrote:

And if you believe that "silly little badge" doesn't  isn't worth this frustration, then why Upwork doesn't simply award me that "silly little badge"?! I want the badge, I want its perk, and I want what I deserve. Hope that's clear!

It is auto-set, and even if you got it now, it will be gone by tomorrow anyway. Hysteria is not going to get you anywhere. Once you get a JSS (tomorrow, almost certainly) the silly badge would be gone anyway.

What about the programs perks like the Connects? Are they going to vanish in 24 hours as well?
One who think fool of others, is the foolest person, and that badge might look " silly" to you( probably you have never veen awarded I assume), but is worthy to me, even for 24 hours.
Also why Upwork bithered to Email me to award a 24-hrs thing?!
Mam your comments don't make sense at all.

Seyed - You are ranting and raving like a little child and, I assume, you are also stomping your feet. All this for 30 connects? Or do you just want attention. Grow up.

Joan,
I am after my Rising Talent badge( and of course the extra FEATURES, not necessarily the 30 connects which I can buy whenever I desire so).

Rising Talent prograns exclude only 5% of the new freelancer, while JSS( regardless of its value) includes all. Also I don't see a concrete reasonable reason clarifying a simple question that why I haven't been awarded the tittle, though I am eligible. And all I get are back and forth messages from different leaders supporting their false/ irrevelant statements, and harmful words.
It was my first time posting to this community and I didn't find any " community", I've found only fear and frustration over answering a simple question by twisting it using different methods. I will keep track of all these, and nay use if necessary.
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

"I will keep track of all these, and nay use if necessary."

How so?

OMG, grow up, Sayed, and don't make threats around here if you want to stay on Upwork. 

Threats?! I was asking for my badge, and has been disrespected by some community " leaders", in a community which you yourself said is an important place to show manner.
Go on and check my very first post 2 days ago( which is my first activity in this community) asking about my badge, and then accuse me of " ...getting attention".
All I have received was critisim over irrevalent things like the word spelling, and composition( I'm using my cellphone). You guys did your best to reduce me by calling my posts " hysteria", " childish", " raging" and on, instead of offering a peaceful solution. This conversation is over!!

" you can not reason with a tiger while you have your head in its mount".
Winston Churchill

This is what you said: "I will keep track of all these, and may use if necessary."

If that is not a threat, I don't know what is. Is that what you learned in California? 

I don't know why Upwork would want to give you any kind of award when you can't post a coherent message on a public forum.

Hi Seyed,

We're terribly sorry for the confusion. We checked your account and can see that you are yet to receive the Rising Talent Badge. The email you received was a reminder to inform you of the perks of the RT program, and is not an email confirmation that you are a Rising Talent freelancer. Not all freelancers receive the Rising Talent badge, some skip it altogether and proceed to getting a Job Success Score. We're sorry if this has caused you any confusion on your end. 

Please see help articles: 

Job Success Score

Become Top Rated

Freelancer Programs and Perks

Hi everyone, as a gentle reminder, please know that we have community guidelines and I would like to request users to please be mindful of the guidelines when posting in the community.

~ Riri

Hi Riri,
Thanks for your respond. But the email is a confirmation not a reminder. Please see the attached.
Regards,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths