🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge question...
Page options
jendejournett
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge question...

HI All:

So, i have a question.  I had the Rising Talent Badge.   Unfortunatly, today it is now gone.  😞

I am wondering does it leave after awhile....most of my projects are hourly and ongoing so they don't have immediate scores.    I had one project that was 5 starts and one project (where the client let's say vented) that I got a 4 stars.  

Is the 4 star project the reason my badge went away?  or is it becuase it just goes away after awhile. 

Since most of my projects are hourly and ongoing.....am I am just hosed until at some point I get a JSS score?

Jennifer

5 REPLIES 5
katrinabeaver
Community Member

I would say that feedback caused you to lose your rising talent as you don't have enough closed contracts to get a JSS yet. The private feedback was probably not so great and probably weighed more in that decision. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer, I warned you yesterday that it would most likely vanish due to the outcome of "that job."

The private feedback on "that" job was likely not fantastic.

mato0618
Community Member

I noticed that I lost my Rising Talent Status badge. Probably because of the 4.45 rating that I received from a client, who also said that they would hire me again. So of the 8 clients I have this is the only negative. Discouraged that the client is able to derail my efforts because he was not decisive, and I had to struggle to get the right information from him, causing aggravation for both of us. However, in the end in his comments to me he, and his boss where pleased with the outcome.

Should I reach out to the client and ask why he gave me a 4.45? Not sure if I'd work for him again with this kind of feedback.

The system where one client can be so harmful is disturbing. Even Too subjective, and too harsh I feel.

Yep, you did. The client in the morning sent me a note acknowlging that in the "light of the morning"  she over reacted.  So, unfortunate.  Had I known she was going to be vindicitive, I would have taken the risk and ended the contract myself maybe with the excuse of "when you have all the information and access to your accounts, let's restart the contract with a fresh contract" and I learned never respond back to clients later than 9 p.m., wait until the morning.   Lesson learned...big time.  

It just really sucks that one client can hit you so hard.  Especially when I have many other successful projects still ongoing but they are hourly - so there isn't a feed back until they end - which ideally isn't for a long time.  

Do I just have to under bid on a bunch of fixed price extreamly short timeline projects to get more scores to bring it back up?   Any other suggstions.

Jennifer D wrote:

Do I just have to under bid on a bunch of fixed price extreamly short timeline projects to get more scores to bring it back up?   Any other suggstions.

No need to underbid. Yes, it is sucky that the badge is gone, now the challenge will be damage limitation.

The trick will be to limit the damage this will do to your (future) JSS - no JSS and no Rising Talent status is better than a poor JSS so a number of little contracts would clearly soften the blow by "diluting" the impact of this one job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members