Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge suddenly disappeared

Ace Contributor
Mehran V Member Since: Jan 22, 2019
1 of 15

Hello,

My Rising Talent Badge suddenly disappeared only 3 weeks after I was awarded the badge. I received my Rising Talent badge in late January and it disappeared a week ago !!! I would understand this if a JSS had appeared on my profile but I waited over a week and there is still no JSS.

I was hoping to have the "Rising Talent" badge until I get my JSS as it gives me a competitive advantage when I apply for projects here at Upwork. Is there any way I can go back to being a Rising Talent?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 15

Hi Mehran, 

I'm sorry to learn that you fell out of the Rising Talent program. Please know that you will need to consisitently meet the requirements to be able to stay in the program. You may read more information about the program here for your reference.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
3 of 15

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am aware of the eligibility criteria for the Rising Talent program and I have indeed consistently met (and even exceeded) all of the program requirements. I.e:

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test (link in email invitation)
  • Have at least one contract (but too few to receive a JSS) and deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 days

Despite performing all of the above, I lost my Rising talent badge to an unknown reason! If you view my profile you will clearly observe that I have performed all of the foregoing on a consistent basis. 

Please investigate and correct this error.

Many thanks, 

Mehran Vahedi

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 15

Mehran V wrote:

Despite performing all of the above, I lost my Rising talent badge to an unknown reason! If you view my profile you will clearly observe that I have performed all of the foregoing on a consistent basis. 

Please investigate and correct this error.

It isn't an error. There is nothing to investigate.

One of your clients marked you down in two categories (skills and availability) and almost certainly also in private feedback.

You'll get a JSS soon.

Ace Contributor
5 of 15

Hello  Petra - Thanks for the message. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to reply to my request, however, I find your argument to be unreasonable, unconvincing and also very bizarre. Here's why:

The client who you claim "marked me down" left me an overall 4.65 out of 5 star rating which is still relatively high and near perfect. It is very interesting that the very same client left me a generous $ bonus for "Impressive work" in addition to the fix pay for that project. Moreover, the same client left me a positive written review and even recommended me to other clients. Here is the comment that the client left me upon closing the contract:

"Mehran is absolutely one of the most organized free lancers that I know. He not only compute VBA code for us, he does research, spends time in understanding and editing where needed while at the same time, presented all the explanation and the works he had done in a worksheet for our understanding. Just hire him and you’ll agree! Very professional with great communication."

You can verify the clients’ feedback through my profile. As you could see in the quoted comment above the client has mentioned "organized" and "Good Communication" and also recommended me to others. I think the written comment is much more powerful than the number of stars the client checked off. besides, based on the foregoing, there is a high probability that the client accidently left out one or two stars perhaps due to completing that part in a rush. How many unsatisfied clients do you know of who gave their freelancer a $ bonus payment on top of the fixed pay and a positive review like this one?

Moreover, the aforementioned client is only one of four clients for whom I have successfully completed projects since becoming Rising Talent. I have received FIVE STAR ratings from ALL of the other three clients. Just check my profile!

Based on the foregoing, it is very clear that you folks have removed my Rising Talent badge for no good reason at all and you’ve made a mountain out of a molehill and your reasoning is obviously fallacious!

I request that you kindly redeem my Rising Talent badge until a JSS is assigned to me. Upwork will benefit from this just as much as I will.

Yours very truly,

Mehran Vahedi

Community Guru
6 of 15

Mehran V wrote:

I find your argument to be unreasonable, unconvincing and also very bizarre.

Well, it doesn't matter what you find, the fact is that your Rising Talent status was removed and you won't get it back.

You'll get a JSS soon (but remember that whatever lost you your Rising Talent Status will also fully feature into your JSS)

Ace Contributor
7 of 15

Hello again Petra,

It is unfortunate that you are refusing to reason correctly. I provided facts, evidence and logical reasoning as to why I am entitled to my Rising Talent badge all based on criteria and guidelines established by Upwork. If you think I am not entitled to keep the badge why don’t you refute my arguments and/or provide counter arguments for your point of view instead of ad-hominem attacks on me?

Please advise.

Yours truly,

Mehran V

Dylan M Member Since: Dec 9, 2018
8 of 15

I had the same thing happen to me and I don't know why. Met all the criteria and did nothing wrong.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 15

Hi Dylan, 

It looks like you're not a part of the Rising Talent program anymore because you have a Job Success Score already. Users graduate from the Rising Talent program when they have accumulated enough contracts and feedback for a Job Success Score to be calculated. 

Congratulations on having such a good score! You're sure on your way to the Top Rated Program. Good luck!

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
10 of 15

Mehran V wrote:

It is unfortunate that you are refusing to reason correctly. I provided facts, evidence and logical reasoning as to why I am entitled to my Rising Talent badge all based on criteria and guidelines established by Upwork. If you think I am not entitled to keep the badge why don’t you refute my arguments and/or provide counter arguments for your point of view instead of ad-hominem attacks on me?

There is nothing to "reason." Nobody is attacking you, let alone "ad-hominem."  If anyone is doing any personal attacking, it is you. It was simply pointed out why you lost your Rising Talent Badge.

One of your job did not end with a perfect outcome. That is all there is to it. The system calculates eligibility automatically, it's not as if some person randomly removes the badge.

You are not eligible at this point and that is why it went away. It won't come back

Dylan M wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me and I don't know why. Met all the criteria and did nothing wrong.

You have a JSS. You can't have a JSS and a RT badge.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS