🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,
I have also passed the readiness test. Had spending time on Upwork last 3+month and regular sending proposals and Had 2 projects with 5 ratings in all contracts. I had $500+ earnings till now but I can't see any badge on my profile and 100% job complete badge too?

Will you please guide me on how it happened?
Thanks,
Raju D.

59098b6f_0-1653629881332.png

Hi Raju,

We appreciate your enthusiasm in achieving this badge. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Anny,

I understood the reasons, but what about 100% job completions, I have done 3 recent projects with 5star and with on-time delivery.
Thanks,
Raju D.

Hi Raju,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. Please understand that we have criteria that we need to follow for you to be eligible for the Rising Talent badge. 

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  • Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

Like what Annie Jane mentioned in her response, this process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
59098b6f
Community Member

Hi Arjay,
Thanks for your advice, if you have a look at my profile, I cover all "qualify for a Rising Talent badge" requirements and I am an active member here, but still, I don't know why, 😞

Thanks,
Raju D.

Hi Raju,

I'm in the same situation, too much uncertainty.

stky24
Community Member

Hi Annie, i have completed the rising talent criteria with 100% profile completion and pass Upwork Readiness test but did not receive any invite for the Rising Talent badge. Please advise

Hi Tan,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

What other requirement is needed?

I got the Rising Talent Badge today,

Thank you

Congratulations! 

I hope i will get one too 😊

Do you have some tips about how to get Rising Talent Badge?

Hello,

I got my Rising talent badge on 28th May and today when I checked, a JSS score is appearing instead. Can you please explain why my badge is not appearing now?

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. That is a good thing since Rising Talent badge is for new freelancers who are making progress in their freelance career here on Upwork. Once you have enough work history on Upwork, we automatically replace your Rising Talent status with a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you, Annie. I am working towards it. Hope to get positive results soon. 

Thank you for your response. 

Hi Annie,

you wrote "Once you have enough work history on Upwork", but I have not found anywhere how many is this "enough". Could we know ?

Thanks

Hello Ahmet,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to getting a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You will find this information in the FAQ section on the same link shared by Annie

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

thanks for the clarification.

I'm referring about the rising talent. How many works do we have to complete at least to get the rising talent badge ? I did not found the answer in the following link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

Thanks

Hi Ahmet,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
c5255793
Community Member

Thanks

I hope I will get it soon. 

Hi Valeria,
Please let me know why I'm not getting the Rising Talent Badge although I have fulfilled all the requirements listed below.
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes.

Hi,

I mailed support with the same question and was been told that rising talent badge is on inventation only now:

Support wrote:

The admission for rising talent is currently by invitation. Freelancers will be invited via email based on requirements for the program as well as marketplace demand. Some freelancers may appear to be eligible, but still, need to wait for an invitation as there is no manual vetting. In the meantime, please continue working on your profile and kindly wait to get invited to the program.

You may also check this link for your reference: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent 

Can you confirm this?

Hi Frank,

If you qualify to become Rising Talent, we’ll email you to let you know the badge has been added to your profile. You won’t need to take any action.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am eligible for Rising Talent Program today. I am very happy

I'm having trouble understanding. I had that badge. It appeared on my profile. How can a badge I received be lost?

Its gone because, now JSS will be shown on your profile

Congratulations to all community members on being part of the incredible Upwork platform. I recently received a rising talent badge and 30 connects, which has opened up new opportunities. Keep engaging in the discussion, learning new skills, and earning more badges. Every challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow. Collaborating with other freelancers can help you improve your skills. With dedication and perseverance, you can achieve great things.

7a057797
Community Member

I have completed "Readiness test" and got the free connects, but didn't get the rising talent badge, why does this happen?

Hi Mustafa. I think it takes 48h after the test

29d9f64a
Community Member

Hi,

I qualify for the rising talent badge but I don't see the badge yet.

Need some help.

Warm Regards,
Nasir

Hi Mohammed,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was Qualified but still i can't get a badge. Please Solve my issue.

Hi Farwa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork
easeel
Community Member

I would like to know why I am not getting a Rising talent badge yet 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdelrahman, 

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify why a freelancer is or isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once a talent qualifies, you should receive an invitation to the program.

I checked, and I can see that you already have a Job Success Score. Freelancers can't have a Rising Talent badge and a Job Success Score. While you can no longer be part of the Rising Talent program, you can now work your way towards the Top Rated program. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
shak33lah
Community Member

Hi there, 

Please advise what i can do to get the rising talent badge? I meet all the requirements, with 4 successfully completed jobs and i still dont have a badge. please help me. 

Thanks

Hi Shakeelah,

Once you meet all the requirements listed here, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths