🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594
shak33lah
Community Member

Hi Joanne, i do meet all the requirements yet i dont have the badge. 

Thank you

Hi Shakeelah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for the feedback Nikola. 

Please note that i do meet all the requirements to obtain the badge but i still didnt get the invite. Please review my profile, there you will see that all the requirements are met. im really confused on why i dont have the badge yet.

adi_6294
Community Member

I have also passed the readiness test. Had 6 clients with 5 ratings in all contracts. Had $600+ earning till now but cant see any badge on my profile?

Hi M. Adeel,

It looks like you already have a Job Success Score! The Rising Talent badge is only available for freelancers who don't have a JSS yet. Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, please assist me. I have passed the readiness test with 5 out of 5. I have completed 4 jobs with five stars, my profile is 100% complete and i regularly submit proposals relating to my skills, i have +100$ earnings and haven't received the badge.. Please advise? 

shak33lah
Community Member

Greetings, Can i please get help. I meet all the requirements on Upwork for the rising talent badge, I have passed the readiness test with 5 out of 5, my profile is 100% complete, I regularly submit proposals relating to my skills, my availibility is always up to date, I have completed 4 jobs where I recieved good ratings from the  clients and i follow Upworks terms - yet i still have not gotten the badge. Please help me? What else can be done? 

Shakeelah M wrote:

. I meet all the requirements on Upwork for the rising talent badge,

You don't meet all the criteria. It is automatic. If you were eligible, you'd have it. If you don't have it, that means that you are not eligible right now.

Chances are the client who knocked a star off for quality also left less than totally thrilled private feedback.

Thanks for the feedback Petra. 

Please advise if that completely throws me off to get the rising talent badge? or do i still have an opportunity to get it, if i get more clients? 

Or should i now focus on getting my JSS? 

Shakeelah M wrote:

Please advise if that completely throws me off to get the rising talent badge?

Yes.

You'll get a JSS after the next 1 to 3 jobs anyway.

shak33lah
Community Member

Thank you for the quick response

ignatius-wendy
Community Member

Hi, i was passed readiness test but isn’t appear rising talent badges. What should i do? I think i haven't get a client because that problem. Anyone have a suggestion?

Hi Wendhi,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
milos_nikic
Community Member

Hi, Rising Talent Badge is not showing on my profile, I already have 3 feedbacks, 3 jobs and 300 hours of work and my profile is 100% i get the bonus 30 free connects 1 month ago but the badge still isn't showing can anyone help me please?
Thank you

atulzh7
Community Member

Hello there,

I have received emails twice regarding my invitation to Rising Talent Program. In both of those emails, I received a text mentioning that I need to pass the Upwork readiness test. 

I have passed the test twice but still haven't got the Rising Talent badge on my profile.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You already have a (perfect) JSS, so will not get the rising talent badge. Now it's time for you to chase the top-rated badge.

monolish
Community Member

Hey everyone!

Im trying out upwork to see if this works for me.

Im a freelance creative designer. I specialize in visual communication (Branding,Infographic, Illustration). I have added some work in my portfolio section. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0111c45b6ef762968d

Please let me know what you think.

vladimirpetroski
Community Member

I was just curious. Once Upwork starts taking 10% from the earnings, do you get a Rising Talent badge?

Hi Vladimir,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Wow, thanks for the info. 

Do I have to be new to upwork to gain rising talent badge?

Hi Mariam,

Not necessarily, we developed the Rising Talent badge to help highlight some of the best new members in the Upwork marketplace. This badge may help you get started more quickly, grow your client base, and establish your reputation on Upwork.

Once you have enough work history on Upwork, we will automatically replace your Rising Talent status with a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

~ Arjay
Upwork
14ef4edc
Community Member

Hi,
I have completed my profile 100%, but did not get the Rising Talent Badge?
What is the other requirement for getting the Rising Talent Badge?
How can I get it?
Thanks,

Hi Hamad,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
d_glubochenko
Community Member

Dear Team,

I am sorry for duplicating the question, but I haven't found an answer for the case when the account had been registered a few years ago.

I have created Upwork profile a few years ago, mostly just for interest, and had no activity here. Now I'm seriously intended to start freelancing career. I have a question about Rising Talent badge.

If I complete all of the requirements of the Rising Talent program, can I receive this badge for this profile, that had no activity for years? Or it is better to register a new account ? Will I receive the badge faster if I use a newly created account?

Thank you in advance!

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Daniil,

Thank you for your message. Yes, you will be eligible for the Rising Talent badge and it will be automatically assigned when you meet the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Daniil,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me. When you satisfy the standards given above, you will be eligible for the Rising Talent badge, which will be automatically assigned to you. You'll get a notification when you qualify for the badge, and it'll show up on your profile as well.

Thank you..

5510af19
Community Member

Actually, I have completed my Upwork profile with all of the Upwork requirements, also completed the Upwork Readingness test and I got 4.5 out of 5.  My account age is probably 5/7 days till today. Now I am too confused that if I have not gotten any job, then can I get a Rising Talent Badge?

m1mehta
Community Member

Hello Fahim,

The rising talent badge will come within a couple of days once you finish your Upwork Readiness Test.

5510af19
Community Member

I had passed on 3 April but still did not get it,Can you please review my profile kindly?

Hi Fahim,

I would like to clarify that many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. Even professionals who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent if they have skills that are in demand. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
ea97c1f2
Community Member

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how ca I get the rising talent badge I have completed the readiness test I am regularly applying on new projects but still not getting the badge.

Hey Asma,

I'd start by double checking to make sure everything is complete on the profile.

Screenshot_20220406-221341_Chrome.jpg

Here's the link to the help page where I found the info:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

I fullfill all the requirements but have not completed any order then it is possible for me ?

mahamanzoor01
Community Member

Hi Everyone.

I am Maha, I joined the Upwork platform back in 2017 but didn't use my account much and didn't stay active.

Now since January 2022, I have been actively working on the Upwork platform and doing a long term job with a good client from US.

I fulfill all the criteria for the Rising Talent Badge but I still haven't got it on my profile. I want someone to please help me understand why I still haven't got any badge on my profile and what do I need to do to get one. Thanks 😊

Hi Maha,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
hezborn1
Community Member

My profile is 100%,I  am asking how long does it take to get a badge after 100% upwork Profile completion?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Onchiri, 

Welcome to Upwork and the Upwork Community! It sounds like you're referring to the Rising Talent badge. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer is or isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know that you are part of the program. 

Since you are new, it will help if you check out the Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ Avery
Upwork
hezborn1
Community Member

Already I have all of them in place 

Profile100%

Sending proposal to work -I am doing 

More than 90days -i am more than 90days

I am up-to-Date active

I have done a test and passed 

I have adhered to all rules

BUT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN  A TALENT RISING BADGE STILL.

rommel042090
Community Member

Hello.. I started upwork in 2014, got hired but I received a 3.8 rating. Just this year, I returned to Upwork amd get hired. Right now, I have 2 completed jobs with both 5 star rating. My question is, will i qualify for a rising talent badge? How do i become a top rated freelancer..? thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths