🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I Got Rising Talent Badge!
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594

Hi Monale,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
8cff5aca
Community Member

I meet all these criteria but still don't have a rising talent badge. 

I saw someone got his rising talent badge even if he doesn't have clients and didn't even send proposals yet.

Is someone here the same situation as me? I've been in Upwork for months now and have a long term client. I even received invites from clients to apply to them (like how with badges received theirs too.) It's just sad I still can't or don't have the badge.

Hi Gabriel,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements you've listed, which can also be found here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
e9ae2796
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I made my first job like 4 months ago and my client loved my projects and gave me even 10 dollar bonus. But in this 4 months I got 0 job I bought connects with all that money still 0 job i don't know what to do. I am thinking maybe its because i have 0 badge.

How can i get rising talent badge?

Hi Baris,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
a1c49239
Community Member

Anyone can tell me how can I earn Raising talent badge

namraad
Community Member

Hi Muhammad Ramzan! You can read this article about the Rising Talent Badge. In short, you need to have good reviews for winning it
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

84af17a7
Community Member

Hello, wonderful people in the house. I'm new on Upwork a few days ago and today I saw something unique on my profile titled"RISING TALENT BADGE".

Please I want someone to tell me what it meant.

Hi Hezekiah,

Congratulations on getting a Rising Talent badge! We highlight Rising Talent professionals who have demonstrated great potential either on or off Upwork. They usually have strong backgrounds in their fields and early success with Upwork clients.

You may check this article to learn more about the benefits of having this badge. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks a lot, Annie Jane.

1c626dcc
Community Member

Subject: How to get a rissing Talent?

hello

I am new on Upwork and I have more than 5 years of experience in recruiting and Business development. I am continuously applying for jobs. I have done projects with big companies like Growlabs,experfy, and invoice simple Information unlimited inc. But I have not received a single message on Upwork. I mentioned my previous samples or projects in the cover letter. Please help me I want to start my freelancer career.

Thanks

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for reaching out. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
a78e90e8
Community Member

Hello,

I am new in up work. please someone help me how to get rising talent badge.

Thanks! 

Hi Md Abdul,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
6425a5e3
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork. How can I get  Rising talent badge in my profile?

You need to meet the following requirements.

• Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent 

kulwinder88kaur
Community Member

Hi,

I have passed the readiness test in the begining of this year and completed one job but I still haven't got the Rising Talent Badge.

I apply for the jobs and getting interviewed as well. Please help!!

Hi Kulwinder,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know
~ Luiggi
Upwork
evesion
Community Member

Hi,

I read the Rising Talent FAQ and to my understanding, I fulfil are requirements for a long time. But still, I didn't get the badge.

Also, I did 6 jobs but no JSS score.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Frank,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
a27f6b68
Community Member

Hello I'm new on upwork I create my upwork account like week or less and I didn't complete any projects yet suddenly today I got rising talent badge can someone tell me what is that mean and when a person get a rising talent badge!!

Congratulations! This badge is one of the ways that help freelancers and agencies who are new to the platform establish themselves on Upwork.

Hi Muhammad, 

In addition to Jam's response. Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. Even professionals who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent if they have skills that are in demand.

We highlight Rising Talent professionals who have demonstrated great potential either on or off Upwork. They usually have strong backgrounds in their fields and early success with Upwork clients. Feel free to review this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a27f6b68
Community Member

Yes I Understand Thank You

2079670b
Community Member

i am new here I completed my profile. please need suggestions What need to do to get a RISING TALENT BADGE? Thanks in advance.

Hi Rakibul,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork! While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here

~ Arjay
Upwork
3ab10fd2
Community Member

I want to invite upwork team that please look at my profile and if I am eligible for rising talent badge so please give me it will help me to get client.

Hi Muhammad,

Upwork will issue that badge automatically when you meet the criteria:

To reach an Upwork Team member, contact customer service, this here is a community of users. Although if you have not received the badge, it is probably because you're not eligible, not because nobody noticed; this is all automatic.

Good luck with your career - keep applying for job that are a good fit, and you'll find clients.

Best regards,

Sandro

450262f5
Community Member

Hello, I am Sumit a relatively new freelancer grinding.
I have completed 5 jobs successfully but didn't get even a Rising talent badge.
Can a respected authority please make me clear about it?

Everyone is aware of the influence of badges. So, I need to know about the current situation of my Profile. 
Please, Check my profile once and let me know if I am eligible for any badge yet.

Kindly, 

Sumit D.

You only have 4 ended contracts, and only two of them have feedback from the client. You need more to get a rating. 

md_akter
Community Member

Dear Respected upwork team

Have good day and  nice to meet you.
This is Md Akterujjaman. I am working with upwork my position is i am freelancer from bangladesh.
My queries is Still am not getting the rising talent badge. I cordially request my respected team kindly check my profile and just allow me to get this. Without a talent badge, the client would not allow me to interview. I have already submitted a lot of proposals but the client is not responding finally decline. Please, this is the time to help me to get these badge.

I will  give best support to my client. I will make my good career together with upwork team.

Waiting for your positive Feedback
Attached my profile info for your reference.

Best Regards 
Akter 
elena-grish
Community Member

Hello Guys,

I have been an active freelancer on Upwork nearly for the past 2 years. And in this time I have successfully completed 3 jobs with 5 star rating. But, sadly, i haven't received my Rising Talent Badge.

However, I have seen some of the profiles of our fellow freelancers where they have not even landed on their first job, earned zero dollars, and obviously don't have any reviews to show but still their profile bears the shining badge of Rising Talent. 

I don't understand what did they do to get that Badge but it seems like they are just being gifted the badge for absolutely nothing. 

And the Rising Talent Badge stands for the 'Quality and Success Of Freelancers on Upwork' , but I don't get it how ?

*Please note that I have done everything necessary to be eligible for the Rising Talent Badge 

Hi Bhawana,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
elena-grish
Community Member

Hello Guys,

I have been an active freelancer on Upwork for nearly the past 2 years. And in this time I have successfully completed 3 jobs with 5 star rating. But, sadly, i haven't received my Rising Talent Badge.

However, I have seen some of the profiles of our fellow freelancers where they have not even landed on their first job, earned zero dollars, and obviously don't have any reviews to show but still their profile bears the shining badge of Rising Talent. 

I don't understand what did they do to get that Badge but it seems like they are just being gifted the badge for absolutely nothing. 

And the Rising Talent Badge stands for the 'Quality and Success Of Freelancers on Upwork' , but I don't get it how ?  Is it Authentic ?

*Please note that I have done every thing necessary to be eligible for the Rising Talent Badge 

It's automatically awarded, and I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lot of fairness involved in who gets it and who doesn't (unlike the top-rated badge, which is a lot more transparent). It seems to me - I don't know for sure - that if you have at least 2-3 things listed under your education and work experience, you're more likely to get the badge (i.e. evidence of higher education and more years of work experience). So if there's anything more that you can add to those sections, you could try that and see if it helps. But it looks like you'll soon get a JSS and top rated badge anyway.

A rising talent badge does not represent the quality of a freelancer profile. The rising talent badge is awarded to those who have taken an effort to complete their profiles, update their availability status, and are active on the portal by submitting proposals. In my opinion, this demonstrates the sincerity of the freelancer. 

This has nothing to do with your earnings or the number of jobs you've completed. 

It just takes a few steps to qualify for the Rising Talent badge, and in my experience is more rewarding than Top Rated badge in terms of wining jobs. 

Try it...you'll love it and you'll get more work. 

kanwalhafeez
Community Member

Hi Members,

I hope all of you're well. I've completed my 6 projects but my profile doesn't shows job success score and any other talent badge. Please check my profile whats the glitch is. Need your suggestions to what i can do?? 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01821d390a2a36b9f6?s=1017484851352698933

Hi Kanwal,

Thank you for reaching out. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements you've listed, which can also be found here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Also, please note that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

~ AJ
Upwork
643c1f78
Community Member

Hi,

I have completed 3 jobs but not get rising talant or jss .

When i get the Badge?

Hi MD Zuman,

Thank you for reaching out. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements you've listed, which can also be found here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths