🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising talent badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594
740fa099
Community Member

Hi,

I am new on Upwork and I have more than 5 years of experience in recruiting and Business development. I am continuously applying for jobs. I have done projects with big companies like **Edited for Community Guidelines**,experfy, and invoice simple Information unlimited inc. But I have not received a single message on Upwork. I mentioned my previous samples or projects in the cover letter. Please help me. I want to start my freelance career.

Thanks

Criteria

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

Hi Saima,

Your profile looks good. You also have good experience.

But, Why are you not getting a job?

According to my experience, Many of Upwork's rules have changed recently. Because of that many people have entered here. Some jobs get 50+ proposals, Upwork doesn't show the exact number. I think this number is 100+. It is difficult for clients to review all proposals. I think they can review less than 10 proposals. 

Getting a first job on any freelance site is a bit difficult these days. Even if you have a good experience. If you are a fresher don't apply for all the jobs.

So, How to get a job?

According to my experience...

• Target some countries clients. Try to be online more when your clients are working.
  • Try to apply as soon as the job is posted. Because at that moment they are also online. At that time you will have more chances to get job.
  • If any old job received less than 10 proposals, you can apply for such jobs.
  • If the client is interviewing other freelancers, avoid that job. (Initially only)
  • If the client has sent invitations to other freelancers, avoid that job. (Initially only)
  • Target as small clients as possible in the beginning.
  • Apply immediately if any client has urgent work.
  • Apply for 'Entry Level' jobs only. (Initially only)
  • Make a minimum bid for the initial few jobs. (approx 1 to 5 jobs)

In Proposal

• Tell the client you read their job posting.
  • Tell them about your experience in that job.
  • If that client is older, search for the client's name in freelancer reviews. Enter that name in your proposal.
  • Promise to work quickly. and etc.

I also check these lists before applying for a job post.

• Payment Method Verified.
  • 4+ Clients Rating.
  • 75%+ Hiring Rate.

Mostly, I will apply for 5-6 countries job posts only.
This is just my practice. So far I have not met any scammers. Also, I have successfully got a job this way.

It will take time, I don't know how much. It also depends on your skills.

Check out this article:

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

https://www.upwork.com/resources/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs

My Suggestion:
UpWork payment method is so good, you can bring in outside client's here too. This will help your profile grow.

This is my opinion. I hope this information helps you.

ebb9f1d9
Community Member

Hi, Upwork support.

I've been working on Upwork for 4 months, and my earnings are more than $1,000. Two jobs are completed, and three are in progress. 

Here, my question is, "Why am I not gaining the rising talent instead of all?"

Please clear my query.

Hi Asifa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear
I think, when you will complete 5 jobs, you may be given rising star. But
it's not full and final. Upwork has some criteria, when any freelancer
fullfils he/ she is awarded with badge
9be97208
Community Member

I want to get Rising talent badge. I completed my profile 100 percent. But I don't know how to get the badge. It is important for me. What can I do?

Hi KUVONCHBEK,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
e3e8768c
Community Member

Hi,

I am new on Upwork and I have more than 5 years of experience in recruiting and Business development. I am continuously applying for jobs. I have done projects with big companies like Growlabs,experfy, and invoice simple Information unlimited inc. But I have not received a single message on Upwork. I mentioned my previous samples or projects in the cover letter. Please help me. I want to start my freelance career.

Thanks

Hi Muaz,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
37cf094c
Community Member

Hi 

dba3f371
Community Member

Hello,

I have met the requirements to be awarded the rising talent badge.

But I haven't been given yet. Is there something else I'm missing?

Kindly help asap!

Kindly Talk to the Support team they will better let you know.

Hi Titilayo,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
b6099240
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I got Rising Talent Badge 2 days ago but didn't show on Clients satisfaction at My Badge till now. Even I didn't get any job or complete any job. I'm a Newbaby on Upwork.

Here is that:

b6099240_0-1672332840263.png

Hi AL Amin,

Please check your profile page to see your Rising Talent badge. Please keep in mind that the My Stats page has not been updated since December 25.

~Andrea
Upwork
b6099240
Community Member

Thanks

02ba2b37
Community Member

Hi Upwork support team,

I got rising talent but at the rising talent shown at "My stats", it not showing at my profile.

How can fix this problem. 

Thank you

Hi Emtiaj,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. 

~Andrea
Upwork
f2c46487
Community Member

I just noticed the rising talent badge showing on my profile, but when I checked by copying my profile link and checking in another browser, it was not showing.

Yep. I can't see it, too. 

I don't know what this is, but on my profile it's showing both on personal view and public view.

Hi Muhammad Ghufran,

I believe you're referring to our Rising Talent Badge. This is how we highlight Rising Talent professionals who have demonstrated great potential either on or off Upwork. They usually have strong backgrounds in their fields and early success with Upwork clients. Once you qualified, we'll send you an email and display the dedicated Rising Talent badge on your profile, proposals, and Project Catalog projects. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f2c46487
Community Member

Thank you for your response. I got the solution from the support ticket.

01b2f40f
Community Member

How can I have the Rising Star Badge?

Hi Aftech,

~ AJ
Upwork
1ae4f732
Community Member

I have completed all these requirements, but I did not receive the badge. What should I do, please?   (You can check my account).

Kindly help and suggest me if anything is missing.

Hi Nejmeddine,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep H, I know that, but please check my account and tell me what I am missing and what should I do?

Hi Nejmeddine,

This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Thank you very much.
I know that this program works automatically
But some do not have any work and get this badge.
Not a problem, I just want to ask.

sarker_shoikot
Community Member

Hello dear community members, How can I get the Upwork Rising Talent Badge, what should do for that? Please give me some advice.

Thanks.

Hi Shoikot,

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Andrea.

1cba99d7
Community Member

Hi Upworkers,

I'm continuously applying on jobs and Suceesfully get 2 job and I Did'nt get a rising talent badge and My profile is 100%  Complete. I'm also using Boost up parposal feature and I have all the things but i did'nt get rising talent badge. 

Please help me to get rising talent badge 

Regards 

Moeed

Hi Abdul,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a68deda9
Community Member

Hi,

I am new on Upwork and I have more than 5 years of experience in Graphic Desinger and wordpress developer. I am continuously applying for jobs. I have done projects with big companies like Growlabs,experfy, and invoice simple Information unlimited inc. But I have not received a single message on Upwork. I mentioned my previous samples or projects in the cover letter. Please help me. I want to start my freelance career.

Thanks

Hi Usman,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to connect with clients yet.  Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Lastly, please know that the Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello I think it's how you craft your proposals or even how your profile
looks like. Ensure you work on these two areas and who knows maybe those
clients would be flogging in your chatroom
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths