🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594

The rising talent badge is temporary and will be removed as soon as a freelancer has a JSS rating. Once you get a JSS you need to work towards becoming top rated. 

Hi Nichola, I see some jobs require a Rising talent badge when I will get the Top rated badge so if a client's job required a preferred qualification is a rising talent badge so will I see rising talent green mark or a red mark?

c9b2cc45
Community Member

write to the support

17809d13
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I am a new freelancer on Upwork. I have complete all criteria for the Rising Talent Badge. But still, I can't get the Rising Talent Badge.

Tell me when I will get Rising Talent Badge on my profile. Looking forward to Your response.

Thanks.

Anosha Zulfiqar.

Hi Anosha,

Thank you for reaching out. While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork
a109e18a
Community Member

Hello,

I got my rising talent badge but now suddenly it's disappeared what should I do? Because when I try to apply for a job it is asking for rising talents in client specifications. Please check my profile and help me.

Thanks!

Rifat

Hello,

I got my rising talent badge but now suddenly it's disappeared what should I do? Because when I try to apply for a job it is asking for rising talents in client specifications. Please check my profile and help me.

Thanks!
Rifat

Hi Rifat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello AJ!
I still haven't got the rising talent badge back can you help me get it back? And I want to take  freelancer plus membership but also not able to take it please help me.

78c62220
Community Member

How many days do I need to get active to get rising talent badges?

Hi Vladlen,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
d16e5bdb
Community Member

Hello Freelancers, I hope you're doing well.

This account I have created for 2 years ago and I left it and I didn't open it until I decided to start working on it last Nov on 2022, I read the instruction on how should I grant the rising talent badge, I should be active since I created my account for at least 30 days, but I wasn't, or I should be active at least 90 days since starting working on it, which I did since I started working on it, and I did many jobs and I have 100% JSS and all my work has 5 stars until this moment, but I still didn't get this badge.

Did I miss something, or do you have any hidden advice to get this badge?

Rising talent badge can sometimes be obtained before getting a JSS.

Now you have a JSS.

arssaif
Community Member

I recently got a rising talent badge and did a post about it on Twitter after that my badge was removed. On All my jobs client gave 5 stars with a well written review.

Hi Arslan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
arssaif
Community Member

Hi Andrea,
Thank you for your response but 72 hours passed and still no response from support. My concern is that I was reading somewhere on Twitter that if you post about the rising talent badge on twitter and upwork notices that then your badge will be removed. Same happened to me I got a badge on 5th feb, I did a post on 6th feb Upwork congratulated me under that post and on 7th feb my badge was removed and my My Stats update date was 5th feb and still the badge was removed.
So wanna ask is this true or a myth.
Regards

Hi Arslan,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
asimtdp
Community Member

I have earned around more then 2.3k$ in 7 months of my active workiing on upwork by still didnt get myy rising talent badge even though my profiile iis also 100% complete and verifiied. Any help will be appriciated, Thank you all! 🙂

Hi Asim,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork
8e40b83e
Community Member

It's important to keep in mind that the Rising Talent badge is awarded at Upwork's discretion and not everyone who meets the requirements will receive one. Upwork uses a combination of factors to determine which freelancers receive the badge, including but not limited to client feedback, job success score, and overall activity on the platform.

If you've met all the requirements but haven't received the badge, it may be because Upwork has not yet evaluated your profile, or they may have evaluated it and determined that you do not meet all the criteria. It's also possible that there are simply a lot of other freelancers who are currently eligible and Upwork is awarding the badge to them first.

In any case, it's important to focus on delivering high-quality work to your clients and building a strong reputation on the platform. The Rising Talent badge is just one way to stand out, but there are many other ways to showcase your skills and experience on your profile. As you continue to work on the platform, you may be considered for other badges or recognition programs that Upwork offers.

asimtdp
Community Member

Thank you and will keep that in mind. 

3252c1ab
Community Member

Hi

I had my rising talent badge a few days ago and now it's gone, I'm unsure why?

thank you 

It goes away when you get a JSS.

BTW, set your profile to public. You can't receive invitations when hide yourself from search.

whats a JSS? and it won't let me set it to public, unsure why

and thanks Jonathan for your feedback

70af4a86
Community Member

Hello,

I started working in upwork from september 2022. I got a Rising Tallent badge after some days. Till didnt got any job.But i am fully active. Today Rising Talent Badge suddenly disappeared from my profile. Can someone tell me the reason for disappearing the badge? and how to get it back

best regards,

Zeeshan,

This is a known system bug that Upwork is working to fix. Have a great day!

Hi Zeeshan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that in order to maintain the Rising Talent status, you must have the following:

~ AJ
Upwork
ec713077
Community Member

Hello there! I'm not sure if I have perhaps missed this post and I want to clarify something please? When you say you need to have availibility on in order to get the Rising Talent badge, does that mean you HAVE to set it on, or can you simply be online all the time? 

Thank you

Hi Nivenka,

Thank you for reaching out. The availability it is pertaining to is your availability to take on projects as shown below:

759e32fa_0-1677237314407.png

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you! I have mine set to that and I also purchased the availability badge. I will be waiting for the Rising Talent badge then. 

chandi125
Community Member

Hi, I created my Upwork account almost 4 years ago but never worked on it. Now I have started my work on Upwork and doing my 1st project. Can I get Rising Talent Badge now?

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
5341fc9e
Community Member

Hi team Upwork,

I am registered on the platform since January 2023 and I am constantly applying for jobs. I even had to get a job but why I still didn't get a badge RISING TALENT ?

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork Community! While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5341fc9e
Community Member

ok thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths