🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1ef2f1f6
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

How i know that i am eligible for rising talent badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Marc,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed on this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

590 REPLIES 590

Hi Kartik,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed on this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
e8017396
Community Member

I am following all the rules and regulations of Upwork and I am fulfilling all the criteria to get a rising talent badge. 

I have seen a lot of profiles that have not completed a single job or are not working for a single job but they have rising talent badges. I am working for a client and meeting all the deadlines and I have completed all criteria for the rising talent badge. Yet I am not getting it. 
What's the issue, Man? 

Why Upwork is doing this? Upwork system is not working properly??

What's the issue? Please tell me. I want answer

Looking at your profile, you have one job which is in progress and no completed jobs so far.

The criteria to get the rising talent badge are:

• Complete projects on time and as promised to clients (not yet achieved, your one job is in progress not in completed state)
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
12d4c50f
Community Member

I am so frustrated now because my badge was suddenly lost for account suspension. I am waited one month still now I can't find the badge after reporting customer care. They review every two weeks later but it will not come back. I am very disappointed because every week I buy more Connect and submit a proposal but I feel very unresponsive and can't wait for a new job. My daughter depends on me and I am surviving, I feel without a badge I can't get a proper response. 

I don't what should I do.  🤔

Hi Zobayda,

I understand you would like to know if you can get your rising talent back after your account was suspended. I believe you are aware of why your account was suspended as you have already communicated with our support team. Note that account resumption does not automatically restore your Rising Talent badge as well.

There are a few reasons you may lose your Rising Talent badge:

• You earn a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a JSS, you graduate from the Rising Talent badge and can begin working towards earning a Top Rated badge.
  • You receive poor public or private feedback from a client. We can’t tell you more about the feedback, like who may have left poor private feedback. Learn more about approaching clients about feedback.
  • There is a hold on your account

However, by design, the Rising Talent badge relies on meeting qualifications we encourage you to keep doing what you do best. Once you meet the criteria again, you can receive the badge or even qualify for a Job Success Score.

The following are criteria that must be met:

Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. Even professionals who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent if they have skills that are in demand.

Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks 

d7633c88
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community members,

Hope you are doing well all!

I am a professional interior/graphic designer with 4+ years experience in this field and recently started upgrading Upwork profile as a freelancer. For me it seems very difficult to get the first job (even if it is very easy). Also I earned the rising talent badge. 

If anyone can have a look on my profile, I am open and would appreciate any advice from anyone here 🙂

Wish you all the best in your freelance journey.

Eranda

sbluetechnology
Community Member

Hello Chadli,

The following is the criteria to get the Rising Talent badge on Upwork. 

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

In addition, agencies must also have:

• 2 or more team members
  • Maintain a 100% complete agency profile
  • Maintain a 100% complete agency owner profile
  • Maintain a 60% or higher average profile completeness across the agency

You can also read this link to get more details: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

ahmmednasim
Community Member

The Rising Talent Badges did not appear in my profile. I do not understand why it is not coming. If someone said with reason. My Profile Link - " https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0191b210b8d14fe2d6 "

Hi Nasim,

~ AJ
Upwork
b72cf4c7
Community Member

How does one increase his ranking to a rising star or higher?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049702614-Upwork-s-Talent-Badges

To become a Rising Talent, you must have great potential based on a strong background in your field(s) and early success with your Upwork clients. Agencies can also earn a Rising Talent badge, showing that they either have strong backgrounds in their industries or were started by Top Rated freelancers.

This badge is one of the ways that we help freelancers and agencies who are new to our platform establish themselves on Upwork.

To qualify for the Rising Talent Badge, you must:

• Have a 100% complete profile with signs of great experience prior to joining Upwork
  • Have positive performance on Upwork, including submitting high-quality proposals and being selected for jobs
  • Follow the Upwork Terms of Service

Granted, the application of this badge seems a bit arbitrary as people have been complaining about not getting it even with completed jobs under their belt.

59aabb0d
Community Member

I've done 4 projects on Upwork till now successfully with 5 star public feedback. My earnings from those badges were 500$. I think it's enough for Rising talent badge, but I never got that. 

What can be the issue? 

Can negative private feedback from clients affect my rising talent badge? 

Since then, I've been working with some small direct clients and didn't got the chance to work on Upwork again. I want to give it a shot once more. 

But kindly somebody clarify my above questions. 

Thanks. 

You have enough job history so you will get a JSS on your profile.

2fdc3edc
Community Member

I can't find my Rising Talent Badge again. Why? 
please help 

I think it gets removed once you get a review with less than 5. And then you won't have anything until you have enough data for a job success score.

Thank you . But how many jobs do I need to have completed to have a JSS score?

They don't give details about JSS, because people can work the system and artificially boost their scores. I got mine I think after 2 reviews but I also had a long term hourly client as well. So it varies. I don't focus on it too much, I got jobs without a score and with a score below 90.

2fdc3edc
Community Member

oo okay , thank you so much.

78aeba94
Community Member

Hello

How to check that I am qualified for the Rising Talent badge? I have tried to meet the requirements that's listed, but I am missing the badge yet.

Hi Andrian,

Thank you for reaching out and we truly admire your eagerness in getting the Rising Talent Badge. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ Arjay
Upwork
97a23963
Community Member

My rising talent badge is no longer displayed on my profile, what could be the issue?

Hi Blessing,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that there's already a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9caa841c
Community Member

please how can i get the rising talent badge

Am i going to apply for it or something

b120e479
Community Member

Hello, I am a newbie on Upwork. Please review my profile and provide guidance on how to achieve the Rising Talent badge on Upwork.

tgcodes
Community Member

Go through  This article 

b120e479
Community Member

Thanks

Hi Amena,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
9a57f08f
Community Member

Dear Upwork community,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm reaching out to you because it has been a month now since I met the requirements to receive the "Rising Talent" badge, yet I haven't received it. I was wondering if there is a specific reason for this delay and if you have any solutions to offer. I'm eager to have this recognition, and I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Jawher Kassas

Hi Jawher,

Thank you for reaching out, and we truly admire your eagerness to receive the Rising Talent Badge. Please note that the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
96c73dd4
Community Member

Please when will i get the rising talent badge?

Hi Olalekan,

Thank you for reaching out, and we appreciate your eagerness in getting the Rising Talent Badge. Please note that the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5244c958
Community Member

I have read requirement about how to get Rising Talent badge:

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

• Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

I thought I have reached the target, but it seems the badge still have not been shown yet. Is there any I did not met the requirement? 
    Thanks

Hi Khang,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. 

~Andrea
Upwork
dd2b6b1b
Community Member

I really want to have the batch share tips and ways i can earned it faster and straight forward 

Hi Alexander,

We admire your eagerness to earn the Rising Talent Badge. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5cfc382
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

Before the hold on my account due to identity verification, I have a rising talent badge. I just wanted to know can get it again. If yes, How?

kind regards

Manmohit Taiya

Hi Manmohit,

Thank you for your message. I see that you already have a Rising Talent badge on your Upwork profile. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yeah, it came back after I posted this question.

e22b973a
Community Member

I have been working on Upwork for quite a long time with a 100% complete profile. My overall earnings are over $8,000 and I fulfill all the requirements for the Rising Talent Badge, as stated in the Upwork Help Centre. However, I still don't have the badge on my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths