🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Free connects for rining talent
Page options
mgmoore
Community Member

Rising Talent Connect Bonus

Hello,

I am relatively new to Upwork. Recently, I was notified about the rising talent acceptance. My question is does the 30 connects bonus occur when the new monthly connect period begins or right after I receive rising talent? If it happens immediately and I receive them, say, two days prior to my new monthly period starting, do any unused bonus connects roll over or disappear? Thank you!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Megan, 

The bonus connects are awarded within 24-48 hours from the time you receive the Rising Talent badge. Any unused bonus connects will roll over. For more information, please check this announcement. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
JoanneP

Hi Megan, 

The bonus connects are awarded within 24-48 hours from the time you receive the Rising Talent badge. Any unused bonus connects will roll over. For more information, please check this announcement. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mgmoore
Community Member

Thank you for the information!

Hello. I have recieved about my rising talent badge 4days ago but not yet recieve the 30 connects bonus

Hi Angelica,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to award you the Connects manually.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm in the same position. New to Upwork. I just received the Rising Talent badge, but the connects haven't shown up. I have waited a couple of days, as I read it can take a few days. Anyway. What can I do or who do I contact? 

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gautamc19
Community Member

Hello Team,

I have received Rising Talent Badge today as per the condition of Rising talent I must receive 30 connection bring with rising talent badge but unfortunately did not receive yet please kindly advice.

Thank you

You will receive them within 48 hours.

nariman_eyvazov
Community Member

Hello, Upwork

I got rising talent badge today and it says i will get another bonus 60 connects.

But my connects are still 14.

What can I do with this?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Hi Nariman,

Just to clarify the bonus connects that you will receive is 30 connects. Please allow up to 48 hours for your Rising Talent connects to be awarded on your profile. If you don't receive them after 48 hours let us know here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Could you please check on the Rising Talent bonus connects as I havent recieved them. Appreciate the help.

Thank you

Varun

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Varun, 

Before I proceed, could you please confirm when you received the Rising Talent badge? Usually, the connects are automatically credited within 24-hours of receiving the badge. If it has been more than 24-hours, please update this thread so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
5dcac9ea
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Its been more than 24 hrs infact I got the Rising Talent Badge on the 3rd of last month itself. Thanks for looking into it.

Regards

Varun

Thank you for the follow up Varun,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your connects.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran and Avery,

Just checked the bonus connects are in my account. Thanks once again. If its not too much trouble could you please let me why when some of the jobs that needed just 1 connect to submit a proposal on submitting 2 connects were take away. This happend twice. Please let me know if you needed more information to investigate this.

Thanks in advance,

Varun

Hi Varun,

Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the job post URLs or titles you`re referring to so that I can investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jordonbaade
Community Member

Why is it again that rising talents get free connects?

Is this something a Top-Rated member recieves as well?

I'm not particularly fond of having to pay when users with far less experience on this platform are being boosted up for free.

Hi Jordon,

Freelancers who were Top Rated when we launched paid Connects in their category, received a one-time bonus of 60 connects.

~ Valeria
Upwork

That seems completely different than a bonus people recieve for making it to rising talent, something that wasn't even around before I first made Top-Rated status, but not a surprising non-answer.

Again, why do Rising Talent continue to recieve a bonus, yet Top-Rated do not?  Why are you giving free connects to less experienced accounts vs accounts that need a proven track record for their status?  Seems like it should be the other way around.

Are you not interested in incentivising your proven freelancers to stay here over bringing in new ones?

Jordon B wrote:

Are you not interested in incentivising your proven freelancers to stay here over bringing in new ones?

They are interested in neither. There are way too many freelancers on the platform as it is.

What's the problem anyway? 30 Connects is nothing (especially not for a $ 99 an hour guy!) and you're not top-rated anyway.

It could be argued that once people get to top-rated they likely have more repeat and ongoing clients and need less connects anyway.

Many go for months without using any at all.

anshivank
Community Member

I got Rising Talent status about 30 min ago and the badge appears in my profile but I did not receive the one-off 30 connects bonus. How long does it take for me to receive the bonus connects? Do I need to do some extra steps to get the connects?

Hi Shivank,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the connects to be awarded on your profile. If you don't receive them after 48 hours let us know here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rakibart
Community Member

I got a rising talent badge in my profile status but Did not receive 30 connects in my credit.

Can anyone help me, What is happened?

Hi Kazi,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the connects to be awarded on your profile. If you don't receive them after 48 hours let us know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vicovin
Community Member

Hi,
I've been awarded by the Rising Talent badge a few days ago but my account didn't' get the 30 free connects as part of the benefits of getting it.

Do I have to set or do something else to get them?

Many thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Victoria,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran!

Hi, 

Did you receive the free connects? When did you receive them? It's been more than 48 hours since I got a Rising Talent badge. I haven't received free connects yet. I hope someone will help me with this issue. 

Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ying, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. I have relayed your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ying36324
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

Thank you but nobody has reached out to me so far. I haven't received bonus connects yet. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Ying.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ying36324
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan.

sandesh_shrestha
Community Member

I recently got the upwork rising talent badge. I still have not got 30 connects as per upwork policy. Is this anyway related to identity verification which I have not done?

PS: I am new to Upwork.

Hi Sandesh,

Please keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours for the connects to be awarded on your profile after you receive your Rising Talent badge. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
pashazade-rufana
Community Member

Hi.I got Rising Talent but dont receive free connects.when I receive free 30 connect?

Hi Rufana,

You will receive your connects in up to 48 hours after the badge is awarded on your profile. If you don't receive the connects for more than 48 hours, let us know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you

lutovinova_oxana
Community Member

I'm became a rising talent but i have no 30 free connects. Why?

Hi Oxana,

It can take up to 48 hours for the connects to awarded on your profile. If you don't receive them after 48 hours let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths