cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent and JS requirements in most job postings

irishtl
Irish T. L Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
1 of 2

Hi, i have not really been active in Upwork for a while. But i noticed lately that there seems to be a Rising Talent and JS score of 90%  as a minimum requirement for all the job postings I've applied to. I got all 5 star feeback from my previous clients, with 2 "hanging" clients, but 1 client gave me a 4-star, without any explanation, which made my JS dropped to 89%. I fall short by 1%. Is it futile for me to bid on projects that require a minimum 90% JS? Or are these clients just gonna discard my application automatically? Is there any solution for freelancers who unfortunately are placed in this dilemma. I cannot imagine how one client can ruin your future in Upwork. 

shummas
Ace Contributor
Shummas H Member Since: Jul 2, 2016
2 of 2

The condition of having a 90% job success score is usually just set by default whenever a client creates the job description, and many clients simply do not bother to change it. Hence it appears as if they will not accept anyone having lower than a 90% JSS. But this isn't really true! It all depends on what the client really wants. But in my honest opinion, it shouldn't effect you at all. A JSS of 89% isn't bad at all. I have even seen freelancers having a 75% JSS, getting hired on jobs requiring a 90% Smiley Tongue 

A client is still likely to see your proposal, and if it looks promising enough, he will hire you. Before getting issued a JSS, I have been interviewed to several jobs that I wasn't qualified for. I did get hired on one of them. So do not worry about that. Continue to write impressive cover letters because that is all it takes in majority of the cases.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS