cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent and Job Success Score

cachieng
Juliet C A Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
1 of 39

I'm just wondering if anyone has been wondering about all the jobs being posted by clients looking for contractors with 90% Job Success Score and Rising Talent?

It just does not make sense to me. Could someone enlighten me on this?

iloveworks
Farhana B Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
2 of 39

Collete, 

After looking at your post, I went through some of the job posts and did not found that clients are looking for 90% JSS, However What I can imagine is, Clients may have options to choose an range of JSS score and some clients does and some doesn't. 

This should not be an matter of worry, from my experience you should concentrate on your findings and maintain good performance. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks. 

cachieng
3 of 39

I don't know where yfou searched but they are plenty of clients doing this. Even worse are those looking for entry level contractors with a 90% JSS

*** Edited for Community Guidelines ***

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 39

It's not JSS AND Rising Talent.  It's JSS OR Rising Talent.  

Even if you don't meet those parameters, you can still apply for the jobs.  My second job on Upwork (and my longest running client ever) required 500 hours, a qualification I was no where near meeting.  I think a strong proposal and solid work history helped me land that gig.

iloveworks
Farhana B Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
5 of 39

As I had mentioned in my earlier post that there are some clients who are using this feature to filter the freelancers and some clients not. So probably, I am seeing jobs clients did not choose the JSS to filter freelancers. 

And I am agree with Christy, you even can apply any jobs though client asks for 90% JSS. 

Thanks.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 39

@Collete Juliet A wrote:

I'm just wondering if anyone has been wondering about all the jobs being posted by clients looking for contractors with 90% Job Success Score and Rising Talent?

It just does not make sense to me. Could someone enlighten me on this?

Sure, I will enlighten.

I'm a client and I go to Upwork because I want some good work because lets face it how many people say "wow I'd like to pay for some really crappy work today." So, Upwork has this thing called JSS that helps me identify the good from the OK to the horrendous. I say "well, I would like good work so I will see what's the best out there so I'm gonna choose the 90% range because that is the best." Since I would like the best for my money, I choose it because who in their right mind actually says "wow I'd like the worst provider on the platform so I'm gonna specify that low quality bidders are welcome."

Makes sense, yes? 

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
7 of 39

Hi Collete,

Wonder no more! This Announcement here will help explain what you're seeing.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 39

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Collete,

One of Collete's pertinent questions, is why are clients able to look for entry-level freelancers with a 90% success rate? The article does not seem to cover this.

cachieng
9 of 39

Yes Nichola that is not covered. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 39

@Nichola L wrote:

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Collete,

One of Collete's pertinent questions, is why are clients able to look for entry-level freelancers with a 90% success rate? The article does not seem to cover this.

Why should they not be able to pick that?

There are plenty of freelancers who are very good at entry level work. Having successfully completed 9 or more out of 10 entry level jobs does not mean one is beyond entry level....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS