colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 39

@Petra R wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Collete,

Wonder no more! This Announcement here will help explain what you're seeing.

One of Collete's pertinent questions, is why are clients able to look for entry-level freelancers with a 90% success rate? The article does not seem to cover this.

Why not?

There are plenty of freelancers who are very good at entry level work. Having successfully completed 9 or more out of 10 entry level jobs does not mean one is beyond entry level....

I think it sends out the wrong message. There are also seasoned freelancers who have a 90% success rate. Add entry level and the client expects stellar work for very little payment. I thought this is precisely what Upwork wishes to avoid.

Edited to add: Freelancers who are at this level, even if they are relatively new, should not be working for peanuts.

cachieng
Juliet C A Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
12 of 39

Hi Garnor, I still feel this is a little confusing. We know that these are default settings which most clients do not change either because they are not are or something else. 

So how are our proposals presented to the clients. Does Upwork hide the proposals that do not meet criteria? 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 39

They've said 1000 times they don't hide proposals.

inb4 that guy who swears that they do.

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
14 of 39

Hi Collette,

We do not hide proposals. All proposals are still available to the client.

-Lena

Untitled
cachieng
Juliet C A Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
15 of 39

Ok but only those who will meet the recommended criteria of rising talent and 90%JSS would come at the top. 

For the client to see any other proposals they have to change the filter by unhiding the rest of the proposals. 

I can say this confidently because for the jobs I've posted and hired here on Upwork that is what happened. 

Funny thing is, none of there recommend contractors actually met my needs.

For 1 job I ended up picking someone who was like number 20 on my list of proposals. 

wm27
Community Leader
Md.Waled B Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
16 of 39

Hi mam

there is something happening on my profile with Job success score (JSS). already, i have completed 3 jobs successfully and 4 jobs are progressing now. but one of them is totally inactive since 2015 (almost a year+). and my profile shows the JSS score only 63% ! i thought the scores will be minimum 80% scores because of one job is inactive for the long time. and i am trying to say the client to cancel the contact but the client doesn't respons me.

this was my profile  and job history. so, please tell me what is happening on my profile with the job JSS scores?

and after completing the rest of jobs with better feedback can my profile reach out 80% above scores?  because i know good feedback with very more JSS scores (80%-90%) is very effective to get a new job very easy . so, please help me .

wm27
Community Leader
17 of 39

Hi mam, Lena

would you like to give me the answer what i mentioned above ? please give me the response now?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
18 of 39

it's 8am on a Sunday where Lena's located. You're gonna have to wait buddy.

eta: your jss is probably right and you're kidding yourself

wm27
Community Leader
19 of 39

how am i kidding myself ,mam Jennifer! i don't have so much knowledge how to works job success scores. if any part of my asking topics are lackness so please let me know it and it will be my pleasure.

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
20 of 39

Hi  Md Waled,

Your JSS measures the amount of great outcomes you've received. You have 4 contracts in progress. If they close with great outcomes your JSS will definitely go up. You can find more information about JSS, here

-Lena

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS